don't click here

Korean games

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Andlabs, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Most definitely.

Korean gaming is a funny thing. They have some incredible special editions, unique releases and interesting hardware but it's seldom documented.

I would drag my GF around Seoul almost every weekend looking for new and interesting things. I spent a good 40% of my pay packet each month on random consoles and games.

2. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    According to an auction for this that expired by now, apparently the first run copies of this were just Puyo Puyo with a sticker on top — the actual game came with the second run. Can someone confirm this?

3. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
  4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Master System games in Mega Drive cartridges. One is Spy vs. Spy, another Super Boy 4, and the others are multicarts.

5. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    What all is on this "Best of Sonic" disk?

I see what looks like a couple Sonic 2 hacks and Crackers. Information, please.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...What disk are you talking about?

7. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    This one, ICEknight. My first reaction was like yours until I scrolled back up and saw it opened. There's definitely a screenshot of Crackers and what looks like a couple of palette hacks. There's also screens of Spinball and 3D Blast, meaning that one of two things happened:

1) This disc is not S&K Collection but some sort of pirated emulator/ROM bundle.
    2) Whoever created the box art just hit Google looking for screenshots of MD StH games and didn't confirm their source.

My bets are on the latter, although the way those screenshots are numbered does make 1 a bit more likely. It's also possible that screens 3 and 6 are from the late alpha, since that picture doesn't show enough detail to tell how Sonic's legs look. Twimfy, is it actually just S&K Collection, or does it have all of those games on it?

8. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    It's not just S&K collection, it really does have those hacks on it. Sonic Crackers is called Sonic Stadium too. Though number 5 calls itself Sonic Collection, and six is Sonic Collection 2. Not sure what that's all about.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh, that one! I hadn't noticed the odd screenshots...

Isn't #4 Yuski's old Mighty hack?

10. 아힝흥행

아힝흥행

Korea/Canada
    A fan movie that is about 10 minute
    Bump/ look what I found...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    [​IMG]
    What does this say? It appears to be the entirety of Uzu Keobukseon's credits. Thanks.

12. 아힝흥행

아힝흥행

Korea/Canada
    Samsung Electronics Game development team

13. 아힝흥행

아힝흥행

Korea/Canada
    Gotta love posting on this thread alone. :argh:

I got more of the Hi-Com stuff today on Google.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Now for the NON-Hi Com Stuff + Samsung

Interesting to See that There are 2 release of Virtual Fighter 2. One by Hi-Com and One by Samsung.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to know what this is in America (Says Three formation in Korean)

[​IMG]

14. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    The last one must be Zillion II: Tri-Formation.

15. Molotovwars

Molotovwars

If you guys have any questions about Korean Mega Drive games let me know. I'm getting close to a full-set. Right now I think I'm 11 cartridges away if I just count cartridge-only. Boxed I might be missing closer to 30.

Here are some pictures of my collection:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/112958087951798376675/MyKoreanMegaDriveCollection

Lately I've just been adding pictures of various Sonic pirates I've found. I've gotten a handful of boxed games, but almost everything is back in the States now.

16. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    https://picasaweb.google.com/112958087951798376675/MyKoreanMegaDriveCollection#5633671860896437266

Sonic Megamix: now with official seal of quality and old-school ESRB rating.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    How do you even know that Sonic Megamix is a Korean pirate? It might have been made by some random bored dude.

18. 아힝흥행

아힝흥행

Korea/Canada
    Can I see the proper back cover of Sonic Megamix? It would be bit easier to identify if its a Korean pirate or not.

19. Molotovwars

Molotovwars

Sonic Megamix is not a pirate, nor did I find it in Korea. I described my collection briefly in such a manner, but I am interested in Sonic games so I had someone online make the cartridge for me.

I've got a few pictures to add to the album and when I do I'll add captions for everything.

20. Molotovwars

Molotovwars

I have now added a few pictures to the album and added captions for every picture.

If you read the captions on the first couple of pictures you will get a decent understanding of the differences in appearance between the Samsung releases. I have all of the games arranged in order by serial number and by looking at them that way I was able to see the changes to the releases over time.