don't click here

Julien-K's CD close to release

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hitaxas, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I am not sure if this the right place for this topic, but I figured I'd post it here since this band did a few tracks for a few Sonic games.

Julien-K's album, titled Death To Analog is set for a release on March 10th here in America.

They are also doing something special on Febuary 17th, when Analog actually does die, but it is unknown what that may be yet.

They are known in the Sonic scene for two songs: "This Machine" the dark team's theme on Sonic Heroes and "Waking Up" Shadow's theme on his self-titled game.

I for one am a fan of this band and have followed their progress for years, collecting their music and even going to see them in concert when they are around.

Discuss.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Julien-K is one of those bands that seem like one hit wonder to me—for example, I absolutely loved This Machine and Waking Up, but I took a look at their MySpace page and I was largely disappointed with their other works. I suppose it works well in a video game-based context, but outside of that, their appeal seems to vary.

Cool to see they're coming out with a new album, though! I may decide to check out a few of their new tracks, but I don't exactly have high expectations.

3. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

I like their other work rather than their video game-based tracks

My favorites are: Kick the bass and Maestro.

Their CD will be pretty much filled with songs based on the singer's (Ryan Shuck) past.

4. sonicteamUSA

sonicteamUSA

usa
    Sadly, the same thing happened with me. I guess they get really inspired when making songs for Sega and Jun.

5. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Meh, I wouldn't really consider their sonic work hits...

They're definitely building momentum though. I was doing some checks on the popularity of all the artists that have collaborated with the series in the past, and I'm really surprised and actually rather glad Julien K is picking up momentum. Had no idea the guys were from Orgy originally, and that they'd been touring with the likes of Linkin Park (I know lol if you want, but that means that JK has definitely picked up some steam, as as bad as LP is, they aren't exactly a small act >.>)

6. shana

shana

balls Member
    Financial Hell
    Recording Sonic Music on live guitar/bass.
    Why death to analog AFTER it's dead if it's not dead? I'm still using my analog POD2.0, which BTW sounds more natural than PODXT/PODX3 digital crap.

7. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

There is no longer analog tv in America as of Febuary 17th.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Over-the-air, anyway. I suppose cable COULD continue to broadcast in analog, but this gives them a great way to price-gouge and force their customers to upgrade to a digital package.

I liked This Machine, and this other song from Shadow sounds kinda nice as well. I've not heard any of their other works, though, so I can't say much about that. Hopefully this will be a cool album.

9. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    So it's not QUITE dead yet :P

Anywho, in musical terms analog instruments are generally prefered over digital. (People still swear by analog synthesizers for instance.) As time has gone by though we've managed to make almost every aspect of music digital, and the digital has got so good in some aspects that it's making analog instrumentation obsolete. (drums for instance.) I'm betting that's what they're trying to point at with their album name, or alternatively, since they are an electronic band, a defiance of the stereotypical band setup.

10. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Low power transmitters and translator stations shall remain up, television wise.

Additionally any CRT monitor/television uses analog... as well as anything which transmits sound speaker-wise—humans don't hear in digital.

Digitizing things is a double-edged sword. Video quality is fine but... some things, like music, and pictures, digital can never capture the true thing. No, not the stupidity involving hundreds of dollars spent on glorified vacuum tubes. But the experience of a full on analog setup.

11. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

To add to the news in this topic:

On February 10th, the video for the band's first single "Kick The Bass" will premiere on Playboy.com.
    On February 17th, the single itself will be released online. It will be a pay to download from http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/. The Single will include "Kick The Bass" and an non-album track "Dreamland".

Also, if you buy the Album, you get a code to download the full-length demo version of Kick The bass along with the clean version of the music video. In addition, those who pre-order will receive a photo which was ( and most likely a picture of the band) personally autographed by the entire band.

12. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

DP:

The music video for Kick the Bass has premiered.

Watch it here: link

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'll tell you what, I absolutely love Julien-K's music. I was even lucky enough to see them live at Projekt Revolution about a year and a half ago. And if that wasn't enough, I got to meet Ryan and Amir later in the day, and we had a little chat; hell, they even said my name (Skyler) was kickass.

I'm looking forward to the release of the album. Kick the Bass already gives me the same feelings I had when listening to This Machine and Waking Up, so I'm hoping the rest of the album will be as awesome. I'm ordering the deluxe version for sure. :colbert:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.