don't click here

Jet Set Radio (PSN/XBLA/PC/Vita)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Willie, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    According to this article, Shenmue HD already exists. And Shenmue II, too. And might lead to Shenmue III.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I wonder if Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Shuffle will one day see these sorts of rereleases.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I would buy SA2 and Shuffle. As long as shuffle has online. Actually I'd buy it if it didn't as well. But online would be cool.

Don't care about Shenmue unless III is happening.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly my only requirement for Shuffle would be fix the load times.

5. Why does everyone think the Graffiti Editor is gone from JSR HD? Do you people not read?

Source: SEGA Blog

Not a super reliable source, in my opinion. I call horseshit.

6. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Previous page, first post. Your move, sir.

7. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    The more Dreamcast games that get a re-release the better, I fucking loved that machine, but it would be great to be able to play those games effortlessly on a machine that didn't have a laser made of spiders webs and unicorn dust.

Also I hope Shenmue gets a couple of touch ups, that game would be beautiful with some HD lighting effects, hell they should go all out with updated textures and make a Shenmue HD collection, I'd be all over that shit.

Hopefully Skies will be a port of Legends, as the one annoying thing with that game is the sheer amount of random battles. It'll be weird to play it without that faithful winding sound before every encounter though.

Coincidentally, I was playing Flower the other day, and thought with a little tweaking, that kind of effortless flowing through the wind is how I'd love the flying sections in a SoA sequel to play like.

Everyone buy this game and convince SEGA to make JSR3! Although they'll probably do what happened with Sonic CD, Ie: "so we herd u liek hd rerelease?"

8. SiddtheKidd

SiddtheKidd

Streets of Fucking Rage! Member
    Sin City
    Project Neo - Deadly Metropolis
    eh I'm iffy about buying this now, the music was essential part of the game to me. I own practically every version of the game, except that gba game that is.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Before I decide which version to get, I think I'll wait for a final track list with comparisons to other versions... Unless music tracks can be hacked into XBLA games, which I doubt.

10. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    I'm up for a PC release. Never played JSR back in the day. Tried the Xbox sequel and couldn't really get into it. I figure I need a proper introduction.

I happened to stumble upon Shenmue a few weeks ago, and am really hoping, if true, that HD port comes to PC/Steam as well.

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    JSR and JSRF are almost two entirely different beasts. Sure, the gameplay fundamentals are the same, but the differences between JSRF and JSR are enough to render them two completely different experiences. I wouldn't call JSR a proper introduction. Personal opinion here, of course.

12. I doubt that article is right, the one that says SEGA have already done Shenmue I and II and are just waiting to release it, come on, if SEGA have Shenmue I and II and are just sitting on it for whatever reason that just seems odd, what are they waiting for?

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's normal for publishers to sit on games when they're finished and wait until a good time to release it. Re-releasing Shenmue I would give the franchise more fans, so if SEGA would announce a third game after releasing the first game on XBLA/PSN/Steam more people would be like "oh sweet a new Shenmue game time to post that pic of Fry with a wallet and the caption "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"".

14. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Depending on the tracks they use to replace the missing ones I may still be interested. If SEGA Blog is right and you can still "build your own graffiti" I will be getting the PSN version

If those two conditions are not there, I'll probably just stick to the Dreamcast release.

15. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Did anyone actually use the make your own graffiti thing? I used it a couple of times to draw crude dicks everywhere. It stopped being funny after 2 minutes so I deleted them to free up the massive amounts of space that custom art took up on the VMU.

16. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I'd like to know why they're holding back too, provided it's true that they have them done. Timing, I guess. Since I have never been able to beat Shenmue due to the second disc not working, I would be all over a port.

I messed around with it once but I never saved what I made because it looked like crap, and I didn't have enough space on the VMU. I planned to get one of those memory cards that had more space, but I could never be arsed enough to find one and before I knew it the Dreamcast was discontinued. =/ Ah well...

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Being able to use a mouse and having a hard drive to store them might make that feature a bit more fun, though...

18. But it also seems, ...different? I guess? With previous releases they've been happy to shout from the roofs they're working on ports and then rushed them out, so for SEGA to then also turn around and say "Oh, by the way, whilst we were knocking out those ports, we've actually finished Shenmue I and II a good few months back!".

19. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Soon the GGs will stand for Goaste Graffitiers...

20. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    But they didn't. This, if it has any truth to it, is an information leak. You were never supposed to know about it until Sega shouted it from the roof.