don't click here

Jazwares Sonic figures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    That is one AWESOME Tails figure. Next on my shopping list for sure.

2. Patback

Patback

I found the 10" Sonic at my TRU today, they had 4 in stock. It's....ok, I guess. The joints are really loose and the quality isnt as great as the Metal Sonic Figure. As another poster said, sometimes they work out the kinks in the second wave, so if they do then I'll buy another one and return the one I currently have. I cant get his right arm to stay up at all, and there's a separation in the plastic on his right foot (other figures had it in the right hand). It's cool though, I'm happy with it for now. It was 15 dollars.

[​IMG]

3. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Anything with joints that isn't a robot takes an aesthetic hit because of it—precisely the reason giving Sonic's spines, of all things, points of articulation was fucking stupid.

It's a damn sight better than certain other figures, but it's not the best it could be, by a long shot. Such is the price of articulation, I guess.

I pray the day comes soon when action figures will be comprised of nanomachines which allow full articulation with no visible joints required. :v:

4. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I disagree. Apart from the separated plastic and the loose joints, it looks great. I'd buy it. Provided I had money to blow on toys.

You're probably thinking of nanostructures or nanojoints, not nanomachines. Not unless you want toys that move sensitively by remote, in which case you'd have a miniature bipedal robot.

Oh god, that sounds so awesome come to think of it. Bye bye stop-motion animation, hello Maximum Overdrive meets Chuckey.

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

No, I mean entire action figures comprised of nothing but tiny machines. Not only will they lack joints, but one figure can shapeshift into six different figures. The Sonic Adventure 7 Hyper-Nano Poser Pack will be all the rage in about sixty years. Kevin Butler says so. It only does everything.

6. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    So we'll be getting shapeshifting grey goo for poseable action figures in the future? How would you control them? Electrical impulses? Very-large-scale programming?

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Humans will all have neural implants that allow them to control everything from their everyday appliances to their action figures with a thought.

And we will all have rocket skates, as well.

It's going to be an awesome future.

8. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    You forgot one thing:

[​IMG]

Knives and stabbing weapons.

9. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I suppose you could have wire inside like the Joyride Sonic, but that creates its own set of problems. At least with the increased size, his arm joints are far less noticeable.

10. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I might consider buying one of the 10" figures of Sonic or Metal Sonic, but I really can't see myself waltzing into Toys "R" Us and picking up a truckload of toys these days. The 10" figures are quite cool, though. I wouldn't have TOO much shame hanging one up on my wall in the box.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's why I'm goin for the 2 inch figures. They're nice and they can sit on my desk as little ornaments but not be too obstructive and present

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    You can always order online :V

13. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I don't really want to go out of my way to buy something I don't need. If I'm ever in a Toys "R" Us for whatever reason, I'd probably buy one or two, but I'm not gonna blow $30+ on two 10" action figures for no reason.

14. Patback

Patback

Is no one here comfortable with their hobbies? I have a bunch of figures wall scrolls and posters in my room. Take pride in your hobbies guys -_-. Plus, toy collecting brings out all kinds of funny little opportunities, like the new Rape Face Woody figure (these pictures were found on 4chan, they aren't mine)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I laughed too hard at those

16. Patback

Patback

There's many many more, just some of them aren't safe for work.

17. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Collecting toys isn't one of my hobbies, why should I take pride in it?

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    My entire childhood was just raped like that llama.

19. Patback

Patback

Sonic is though, or else you wouldn't be here.

http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/P...20Face%20Woody/

Have fun guys, those are all I have.

20. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    True, doesn't mean I have to buy anything and everything Sonic just to prove my fandom. I have one of those classic-style Sonic plushes in my room next to my piano, along with an abundance of other things that I feel define me quite well, such as a Zelda OoT poster, some retro tin plaques, among other things. I'm not "ashamed" of my fandom at all, I regularly tout (What a lot of people actually think is pretty cool, tbqh) a Sonic hat at least 2 times a week, and from time to time I sport a Batman fedora that I own as well. So I'm not ashamed of anything and just about everyone I know understands that I fucking love Batman and Sonic. :specialed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.