It's Official! Sonic in Smash Bros. Brawl (Pics & Video)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Athelstone, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    No, he really wasn't. In the one where he snatches the Smash Brawl, yes, that was a computer. The other one was Human - just check the color of his background - yellow, not gray. Computer is always shown with gray.

2. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Was looking around, saw on IMDB that.. Ryan Drummond is voicing Sonic in SSB:B?

I thought I heard an unusual amount of inflection in his voice for it to be Jason Griffith...

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    huh? How's that work out? That can't be right.

Well, maybe half the Sonic community will shut up now since they have their precious Drummond back

4. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    My hypothesis is that Nintendo dislikes 4Kids, or 4Kids dislikes Nintendo, especially after what happened with Pokemon in the US. Either that, or Nintendo realizes that the prestige and popularity of the Sonic Adventure 2 era stuff trumps that of the modern day, and so is running with that.

Either way, since they aren't Sega, they could hire whoever they want, so naturally they would see the demand for Drummond and hire him, leaving Jason Griffith to voice Sonic in other games.

My hope is that Sega sees this going on here and realizes that Jason Griffith is incapable of competent voice acting. :P

5. Robjoe

Robjoe

lol errorz

Seriously, it's 99.9% likely that it'll be that dipshit Griffith. Though, I could be wrong (I'd love it if I was), and that Griffith clip in the trailer was pulled from elsewhere, but I doubt it. I'll watch the gameplay videos again and listen to his voice, though I'm not getting my hopes up.

6. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    I don't think the internet believes it to be Drummond...

[​IMG]

When it took me three seconds to find this. Quite humorous. I doubt it works, but I posted it to prove a point.

7. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    It amazes me how so many fans out there care so passionately about Sonic's voice when he shouldn't be talking at all, in any game. Honestly, when was the last time he ever had anything to say that wasn't cringe-worthy?

Also bring back Jaleel White

8. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    "That's no goooood!"

9. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Never trust IMDB for any information about future things, they almost always get it wrong.

10. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    ^
    I haven't seen one of those kind of Posts in Months. Seriously, I haven't seen many newbs come by in awhile. It's been pretty boring without their n00bery to laugh at. And their ultimate destination of Banned always puts you in a good mood. But... I dunno, I kind of like the intelligent discussion.

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    He used to be a techie, you know.

12. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member

YES

Also: Jason Griffith is about 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% better than Drummond, the scary gay clown.

:DDDDD

Another Also: Yes, its obvious that it is Jason Griffith in the video.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    This is Super we're talking about here. Of course he doesn't know.

What's funny is that these fucking kids that are bitching for Ryan to come back admitted that they turned the voice overs to Japanese back when the cast were still involved because the english voice actors were horrible.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LOSE IT RIGHT GUYS?!

Too bad they're all fucking retards. Needs more White.

And Ryan is better because....?

I don't give a shit about either of them, but if I had to set in a room with headphones on and had my choice on who I would want screaming in my ear, I'd probably pick Griffith so I could at least have a few more hours to live and not die with someone that did a barely passable job.

Honestly though, Nintendo shouldn't hire either. They should just let Charles Martinet do everyone's voice.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Really, Sonic should only be able to say YES and I'm OUTTA HERE.

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    This man speaks the truth

16. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    What the fuck is it with you people and Jaleel White? The only reason anyone likes him is because he was the first one to voice Sonic. But that voice doesn't even fit anymore - he can't even do the voice anymore. It's going to take me forever and a half to figure out why Sonic fans are so obsessed with having the perfect voices in every game. I mean apart from Adventure Mode, it's not like we're ever going to hear him talk much anyway. I wouldn't be supsrised if the only thing he can say is "YES" and "I'm OUTTA HERE" when you're actually playing as him.

The voice in the trailer was obviously Griffith... But where's the suprise? The characters have been using the 4Kids voices for 2 years now, and people still can't seem to get it through their heads - you may as well be screaming "BRING BACK THE DREAMCAST!!!" We only got to hear the old VAs for one more game afterwards, anyway. =\

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Look they all suck. We must learn to live with it.

18. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Fixed.

More seriously, though, Jason Griffith is fine, I just prefer Ryan. I always enjoyed the Adventure games, and saw it a fitting voice for the Hedgehog, as compared to some of the other incarnations for him - The TV Shows and Griffith. But I'm not about to pick upt he phone and call Nintendo to demand the old voice - it seems utterly pointless.

And just so you know Chimpo - I did know he used to be a Techie. I've been here longer then you have. I was just idly remarking that there have been a slow flow of remarkable new members in the last few months. Remarkable in either skill or the ability to make you want to set their face on fire while you chop their body in half. Somewhat in the terms of if Manhunt 2 was brought to the Wii.

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Yes, we were all being very serious when we kept asking for Urkel back.

Forum age means nothing old man. Haven't you ever seen Rocky Balboa?

20. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Sure, take away the rest of the reasoning behind why I said what I said and focus on one bit. You'll be a great politician one day, mark my words. But I don't want this to escalate to anything, so lets just drop it and forget it ever happened.

But in response to seeing Rocky Balboa... Isn't that the one where he fights arthritis?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.