don't click here

Interview with Keith Dwyer, the producer of Sonic Colors

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Wing, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I hope not, the Unleashed team could do a better job than Senoue. His work on Sonic 4 just put me off on his work.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly I've never like Senoue. I hated the rock style that was used in the first two Sonic Adventures, Sonic Heroes music was dull, and while Sonic 3D Blast was ok it was nothing to run home about. Sonic Unleashed IMO had better music than all of those.

Also Sonic 4, that's pretty bad too. If only they weren't trying to do a half assed attempt at Genesis music it could sound good

3. Dreadknux

Dreadknux

Oldbie
    Different strokes I guess. I don't mind S4's soundtrack honestly, given what he was trying to do with it. He did go a bit rock-heavy in SA2, but I honestly don't think a bad word could be said about his work in Sonic Adventure. Heroes wasn't bad either. Didn't think much of his overly-rock nature in Shadow (despite there being the odd track I kinda liked) and Black Knight, to be honest, but I don't think he's had -that- bad of a track record.

EDIT: Unleashed... was fine, but spotty for me. Best tracks were Mazuri, Cool Edge and Eggmanland (all Day themes, obviously), but I think the soundtrack was a victim of the overall design of Unleashed. The tracks worked really well in the context of the levels, but on a higher level the level designs themselves weren't representative of a 'Sonic' feel of game. So yeah. Good Unleashed tracks, awkward 'Sonic' tracks.

Still, different strokes. :3

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I think I read in an interview somewhere that the people that did the music for Unleashed are doing the music for this.

5. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Yeah, I did see it from the demo. Perhaps they act like Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle), where if you collect all the rings (In this case, red rings) you get an automatic A-Rank. (S-Rank in this case)

6. Here is alot of stuff someone gathered from hearing the podcast. I believe most of it hasn't been heard yet:

Alot of good things in here! No Hubs/NPCs?! YES.

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    A whole list of good things then this.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While I would like to see it back it's just a boost that required you to charge it up so I don't see the point. Kind of like how I'm glad they got rid of the somersault after realizing that it's just modified rolling

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Honestly I think the red medals will unlock wisps.

10. Wing

Wing

Honestly, what's the point in keeping it? It serves no real function when you have the boost, and all it essentially does is waste a button that could be used for a move of actual value.
    I'm not saying it's useless in 3D (it was extremely useful in Sonic Adventure), but when the boost renders it obsolete, there's no point.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I still found use for it in Advance 2/3 and Rush. :X

12. Funny, actually; I didn't mind "Endless Possibility". However, I hated the ending theme, "Dear My Friend".

13. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Y'know I think what offput me the most about that wasn't the sappiness of the song. It was the fact that it wasn't about Sonic and Tails. It really makes me sad how pushed aside he is now. :C

And I kinda like the theme for Colors. It'll prolly earworm it's way into my head for years to come. So uhm, yay?

14. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    bolded = I like. Everything else I either don't like or am indifferent about.

15. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    Uhh... Maybe some of us like having the ability to roll along the ground like Sonic could from the very beginning. You guys all whine and bitch about lack of momentum in new titles, and curling up was the best way to achieve momentum! :)

16. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    In a game as fast paced as Colors seems to be, I agree, it's not exactly necessary, but it was Sonic's signature move and I feel it should be included in some way. Even if he curled up into a ball during his dash, I think that would be a little better, because considering that was his hallmark move to begin with. It's an aesthetic thing to me.

17. NomadTW

NomadTW

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what their grudge is with the whole rolling thing. Why not just make the slide a roll when you hold down the slide button? Didn't they do that in one of the Advance games..?

EDIT: Actually yes, it was Advance 1. Where you tapped B to roll, and if you tapped it again you'd go into a sliding attack. I think that same concept can be applied here, give or take. Rolling would look a lot better than just sliding down a slope, in my opinion.

18. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    Chip coming back? Well, he was basically Navi done right, but they better have a good reason for him coming back after being sealed in the Earth.

19. NomadTW

NomadTW

Neither confirmed nor denied regarding Chip or the Werehog, for that matter. (In future games, that is.) Which frightens me a little.

Hopefully they'll just appear in some one-off side party game as a playable character or some crap.

20. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I bet I know why

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.