don't click here

IF there were Sonic TV Specials...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ross-Irving, Sep 12, 2009.

If Sonic went to television to make a comeback there, would you want to see...

1. In television specials broadcast almost yearly or one every few years.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I would rather have a TV film released every few years.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I prefer an animated series.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I would prefer direct-to-video content, like OVA's.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More Sonic animation? Forget it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Fuck, a SatAM game based on the Valkyria Chronicles engine could be kinda cool. It probably wouldn't be a great idea for them to actually release though on account of the fact that SatAM is now a niche market, but still.

I'd like it.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It always amuses me how many people actually think SatAM was the best of all the series over the years. =P

If they were to do Sonic TV specials now, what they should do is game story conversions. Fuck, there's been enough games to have material for a considerable amount of time.

3. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    This is the first post in this topic I can find myself agreeing with.

Don't really see a single thing wrong with the game's stories (with the exception of Sonic Adventure and Sonic and the Secret Rings), so... yeah, doing something like that wouldn't bother me at all. I'd, in fact, really like that.

As for voices, out of the few voice actors I can think of, the most fitting (possible) cast had always been present in the games. James Arnold Taylor could possibly make an interesting Sonic, but ... I dunno.

The music styles from the games, 'specially Sonic Adventure 2 and to a lesser extent Sonic Heroes, fitted the characters perfectly fine. An animated show with E.G.G.M.A.N. playing when Eggman shows up? I'd be sold.

What they could attempt, maybe an origins-story. Y'know, tell how everyone met in the show's universe.

I'm not very demanding of such a show, personally, at least not story-wise. Just keep the characters true to the originals.

4. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

I just looked up James Arnold Taylor. He's the one that voices that yellow thing from Drawn Together. Do you think he could do Sonic without going into too high of a pitch? Another interesting choice.

I hated Sonic SatAM. Not because it wasn't canonical with the games, but because it tried way too hard to be dramatic and epic. I can see why everyone would want adaptations of the games, because you probably don't want to see new characters all the time, not even bystanders, right? I don't think everyone will be pleased with game adaptations, though. They lend themselves to fast, actiony stories. Good. But to a major audience, they'll likely want something more, like subtle character development. That subtracts from the speed of the whole show though, and Sonic fans would be unsatisfied. I am not telling anyone what to think, I'm just trying to take all things into consideration with the ideas that come.

Is anyone open to the idea of a bystander coming in, if only for an episode? Do you really want to stick to just the games and be done with it?

5. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Well, he was also Tidus on Final Fantasy X and Dissidia Final Fantasy, a voice that, with some tweaking, could fit the blue blur quite well, too - at least in my head, anyhow. Examples of his voice there: Somethin' from FF X and Dissidia. (Blond guy in both)

Well, as said, I am relatively easily satisfied by this kinda stuff. The humans in neither the games nor Sonic X really bothered me, after all (Helen deserved more screen time D: ). Bystanders can be just as important as the main chars, to me. So... yeah. No problem here for me.

6. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Wasn't he also the voice of Johnny Test? I dunno; when I hear James Arnold Taylor's voice coming out of Sonic, I immediately think of InstantSonic's impression of Sonic from Sonic and the Death Cheese. Could be a good fit, depending on the kind of story the animated show turns out to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.