don't click here

I do requests for these games...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by XFox Prower, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    If anyone has a request for a Tails Adventure Password, I can make anything as long as you are specific.

I can also create save files for Sonic & Knuckles Collection containing any character, # of lives, continues, emeralds, stage, etc.

2. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    Can you put Rouge The Bat in S&K?

3. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

I can't do hoaxe request. I can only do what the save file allows. This is the PC game by the way.

4. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    I wasn't requesting Hoaxes

You said you can make save files for Sonic & Knuckles Collection containing any character

5. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

Sorry, I meant any as in lives and continues. But I can only put characters that are in the game.

6. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    Can you explain how the Tails Adventure password system works? How can you make a password work?

7. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

The password uses 16 blocks each holding 16 possible values. Each item has 1 or more corresponding addresses that it adds to. In addition to the addition to those address(es), there is a checksum address. The last block keeps everything balanced. If an item modified 1 address with -4, then the checksum address block will be (if used by that item) + or - 4. assuming all this, somebody could make a few of their own passwords...However there comes a point when this strategy fails. All is correct except there is additional security with certain items and combinations. So far all the addition to addresses have been constants. But some items add to the checksum in different ways if a certain condition is met. The condition is a true or false whether the checksum address contains a certain bit in it. And depending on the true or false of this event, the increment changes as well.

Technical info:
    • Password Length: 16 independent addresses
    • Address Value Type: Hex: logical
    • Encoding methods used: mirrored addresses, balanced increments, bit-wise increments, checksum byte
    • Password Variation: None
    I will explain all these different terms in a tutorial I may write if I have time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.