don't click here

Hornet in Ridge Racer

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Sik, May 31, 2012.

1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    http://andriasang.com/con18u/ridge_racer_usa/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcPKS4XxZNQ[/youtube]

The Hornet will be available as DLC for the Vita Ridge Racer game. Also there's what seems a "mix" of the Ridge Racer and Daytona USA themes (the one from the video, I guess?) that will be available as DLC too at the same time.

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    They've missed an opportunity
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaBUeINW_3s
    Riiidge Racerrr

Also this is kind-of the arcade racing fan's equivalent to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Pretty interesting stuff.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Cool music bro. :v:

Now they just need to get the Hornet in the next Mario Kart arcade. And in the next Sonic. And Sonic in Mario Kart.

4. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    They should've did VF x Tekken and have Hornet as a secret fighter. It happened once before...

edit: well, except that vf x tekken wouldn't work, because the vf crew would dominate those juggling clowns.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That's actually really cool. It's just too bad that the game itself costs way too much.

6. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    well, if the price ever gets low enough I have a reason to pick this up :3

7. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    That low poly model looks really out of place in a 2012 Vita game. I like it!

8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Sega and Namco have been pretty much the fiercest arcade rivals, and their catalogs are basically mirror images of each other. I'd love to see a full, proper cross over between the two companies (no, Capcom X Namco X Sega doesn't count).

EDIT: Back in 1994, seeing this would have been almost as mind blowing as seeing Sonic and Mario in a game together.

9. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Haha I love how it's the exact model from the original game/Sega Racing Classic, right down to the low poly wheels.

A lot of unexpected crossovers of Sega franchises in other companies work lately, what with Virtua Fighter characters in DOA and now this. This can only be a good thing for Sega at this point. Still want some kind of Daytona reference in all-stars racing transformed though, like a updated race course with remixed music.

This and JSR are making it hard to resist a Vita. Still too pricey for me but may be tempted down the line.

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Don't forget Sonic in the progressive auto insurance commercial, and then Sonic in the Nike ad.

11. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I'd love this if it weren't on a system I have no current interest in obtaining. Always nice to see the Hornet getting publicity.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Those who say they'd buy this if they had a Playstation Vita: think of Ridge Racer Vita as one of those free-to-play games where you can get most of the content through micro-transactions, except you first have to pay 25 bucks to play the free content. Without the DLC the game only has three tracks and five cars.

13. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Something seems really off about the music in the trailer. I mean, in Daytona the singer seemed much more...passionate than in the song in the trailer. Regardless, I think its great that the Hornet is finally getting more attention. Now all I'll need is a Transformed version of the Hornet, and I'm all set.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I wouldn't buy it myself (lol DLC etc) but this is still really neat to see, and just wrong on an awesome level for Ridge Racer =P

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    And is on a platform that practically nobody has =P (it still didn't hit one million in Japan IIRC).

16. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Even better

I expect to see Sonic everywhere though, not so much Sega's other franchises. :)

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Uh, if you buy the game and every DLC out for it, it totals out to $45, which is less than a normal retail game.