don't click here

Generic Beach Zone Act 1

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Chaos Rush, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    So at SFGHQ I have a fangame called Sonic Phore. I was using Damizean & RogueYoshi's Xmas Engine, but recently I've gotten quite sick of it, as you have to keep track of a lot of things. So I'd completed about 80% of Act 1 before deciding to switch engines, so I've decided to release what I did with the Xmas Engine.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here is Generic Beach Zone Act 1, with a missing boss. When you reach an area that looks like this, you're at the end. That's where I intended the boss to be.

Here is the really lame, 1-Act Alpha:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4vvvljksuc95w94

For more info on "Sonic Phore", click here.

EDIT: Oh, and this isn't really a topic for my fangame as a whole, I'm just wanting to hear tips on level design and gimmicks and such.

2. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Why are you sick of it what are you going to do now?

3. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    A member by the name of AeroGP once posted a download to a dumbed-down Xmas Engine that contained nothing but movement. I'm using that as a base, and I'm refining things to my own tastes. There's no need for such a complex key input system, that's for sure, and I'm going to try and see if I can do something about the camera, as it feels slightly off.

4. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Are you using GSI? Cause even if you switch to the Bare Bones Dash engine GSI would probably still be a good idea.

I'm just gonna come out and say you can't get Stock GM to run a decent Sonic game and a decent speed. You've gotta use GSI or some kind of object management system and no GM's built in deactivation is not enough. I was there 5 years ago it ain't pretty.