don't click here

Game Wizard (Genesis)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by MathUser, Sep 3, 2015.

1. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    It's like Pro Action replay, but it's very obscure. All I know about it I put in this article:

http://gamehacking.org/wiki/Game_Wizard_%28Genesis%29

I couldn't find a pic of it or anything. There's one guy who made a youtube video about it:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cye8Ny75msc[/media]

So anyone know anything more? This could use a article on sega retro, but I figure you guys need more info than what we got.

Edit: I should mention the SNES port of Game Wizard had two cartridge slots. One for the game and another for an accessory cartridge. The two accessory cartridge they had was one for new code saving. And another one that came preloaded with codes. I can't confirm if the genesis port had the same feature but I wouldn't doubt it.

2. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

Found a pic ...

[​IMG]

3. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

Whilst on the subject of relatively undocumented cheat devices, here's the "Game Decoder" from Thai magazine "Mega", late 1992 (advertised along with a bunch of bootleg multicarts). It's unusual in that it uses the expansion port, which has probably lead to confusion about what this actually was. Edit: Actually maybe it's just a region converter.

[​IMG]

4. MathUser

MathUser

Thanks for the pic of the game wizard. If that Game Decoder really was a cheat device it would be nice if someone could translate the text near it. The name makes me think it's just a region convertor though.

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    There's unfortunately a whole batch of these not-particularly-well-documented cheat devices. Sega Retro already has a couple - Genipak and Magicard.

In Taiwan there's something called "Golden Finger" (or words to that effect) for the Sega Saturn... and probably every mainstream console to see a release over there in some form. Loads of accompanying books (here's a bunch, don't understand any of them.

6. MathUser

MathUser

Yeah, I heard about the Gold Finger too. I ain't got around to touching articles on gamehacking.org's wiki yet, but I will. I added a article to sega retro with shared resources from gh.org.

http://segaretro.org/Game_Wizard

7. MathUser

MathUser

In my search for SNES Goldfinger I found that there was likely no Goldfinger device, but rather, it was a format of codes they invented for copiers and stuff. Wasn't until the PSX era that it became a device. So you might wanna note that if you make a Goldfinger article on sega retro.