don't click here

Flying Fortress Zone Music and Star Wars

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by wazkatango, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had a bit of Fridge Brilliance a few days ago.
    Ok, so everyone knows of the "Death Egg" Star Wars reference (duh), well when I was listening to the music to Flying Fortress again and thought, "that sounds like a march...where have I heard a march before?". Imperial March maybe? Yeah, I know, it doesn't actually sound much like it, but it certainly could have had some inspiration.
    Coincidence? Far fetched? Already been said a thousand times before?

2. corneliab

corneliab

Never before have I ever listened to Wing Fortress' theme and thought to myself, "You know, I'm getting some definite Vader vibes over here."

They don't sound anything alike to me. One's an uplifting tune characteristic of high blue skies and a flying flagship, while the other's an imposing and threatening piece of music meant to signify a wide-reaching and established evil power.

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    The only reference that I consider similar to Wing Fortress is a few notes from the James Bond theme. Where the hell you got the notion that the Imperial March sounds similar has baffled me.

4. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Should this be in the music comparison thread?

Both tracks have similar tempo and that marching feel but that's about it, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.