don't click here

Dust Hill hack level map?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by elvisish, Oct 18, 2015.

1. elvisish

elvisish

I know it's a hack, but I'd love a level map pcx dump of Dust Hill zone from the Sonic 2 hack, I tried to do it in SonicED but I'm not sure how tog et it in there. Has anyone made any full size level maps of this zone yet?

2. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Check out Sonic 2 Delta and Sonic 2 Long Version.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Billy, I think you misread his question. He acknowledged that it's a "Sonic 2 Hack", he just wants to see a dumped level map of Dust Hill from one of those hacks. As per your suggestions, I dumped some from Sonic 2 Long and Sonic 2 Delta, it was trivial enough. I'm not sure if there are other Dust Hill(s) in other hack(s), but if you point me in the right direction I can dump more.

DHZ1 from S2L:
    [​IMG]

DHZ2 from S2L:
    [​IMG]

DHZ1 from S2D:
    [​IMG]

DHZ2 from S2D:
    [​IMG]

Please note that the PNGs are deliberately partially unoptimised; this means that the first 32 palette indexes are the real Genesis palette indexes, for easier importing. The remaining 224 palette indexes are mostly black or whatever Paint Shop Pro decided to throw in there -- whatever, it's not important, they're unused.

I didn't dump Winter Hill from S2D as it is a separate zone in there (unlike S2L where DHZ2 is Winter Hill), but as above, I can dump it if needed.

I hope this is what you were asking for.

4. elvisish

elvisish

Oh wow, thank you, this is perfect! If I may ask, how did you manage to do this? I'd be interested in figuring out how to use SonicED myself, if that's how you did this?