don't click here

Computer Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Ravenfreak, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Okay so, about an hour or so ago, I decided to shut down my computer because it was getting hot. I let it rest, so I played my PS2. I wanted to get back on it, and after the Welcome screen, it said "Preparing your Desktop". I've never seen this screen before, and the process took forever to boot up, so I did ctrl/alt/delete and logged off then logged back on. Then I this this stupid error saying that windows couldn't find my desktop settings file. It also changed my scheme to classic windows. I then went to use Chrome so I can get back online and I get a goddamn error message saying that it's data directory can't be found. I tried using Firefox, nothing happens. I even tried uploading a pic of Tinypic, but then I get an error message from Adobe Reader, and then the tab closes on it's own. Some links I had are now missing, and I can only access my damn Desktop by going to the Users folder. I tried changing the pointer back to what it was before, and I get this damn error saying that it can't connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. >.< What the hell could have caused this?! >.< I'm sorry I'm angry, but this computer really pisses me off and I can't find my flashdrive ATM so I can't do a backup. >.< Oh and most of my files didn't get deleted, thank god.

2. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Run a virus scan. Something may be blocking your registry and some of your .exe files.

3. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Actually, I just did a system reboot and almost everything is back to normal. Which is strange, because I did this before and it didn't fix the problem. :\ The only thing I need to fix is the font size/appearance.

4. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I'd run a scan in safe mode just to check, never hurts to do a good virus scan now and again.

For what reason is your computer getting hot for? dust? lack of fans?