don't click here

Buying a new keyboard

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Saidian, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    I've been using a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard now for about 5 years, considering it was on the low end of the market when I got it I think I've gotten a good run out of it but I think it's time I got something new.

Really liking the look of the Razer Chroma and the Corsair K70 and just wanted to know if anyone here has one of either and are willing to share some opinions on them. Particularly the build quality with the K70 supposedly being made out of better materials and the Chroma having better lighting though has more plastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRvRs--AbuE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NraVPg21s40

2. Yuzu

Yuzu

I have a Corsair K70 with Brown Switches and it's probably the best keyboard that I've ever used in my life.

I've had it for a year and have had no issues whatsoever.

3. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    Vengeance K70 owner here, I've had mine for several months now and it is a work of art. My favorite part is the volume roller, I love volume control on my keyboards and this thing is just classy. It feels like adjusting the volume on some sort of high-end audio equipment. The key switch LEDs are pretty neat too, but they're not why I bought it and I typically leave them turned off.

4. Saidian

Saidian

England
    [​IMG]

This is the keyboard I'm using atm (you don't want to see the state the one I personally have is in), I had no idea how old it was, already being on the market for 4 years before I bought it myself o_O

As for it's replacement I think I'm leaning towards the K70 I think with Cherry Brown Switches. It looks like Scan have some with the old logo on the Amazon Marketplace so that'll be the one I'm aiming for. Hopefully going to get it at the start of August

Probably going to grab a new mouse too, what's the best I should be able to get for around £50?

5. Nova

Nova

Haha! That's literally the exact same keyboard I had for years!

My new one turned up today, funnily enough - I went for the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition. It's beautiful. <3

Mouse? I've owned three different editions of the DeathAdder now, the latest turning up in a couple days (Chroma). They are ergonomically perfect and just... Yeah, get one. :v:

6. Saidian

Saidian

England
    The Deathadder does look nice, and it doesn't have a thousand buttons on it either. I play MMOs but I can't see how I'd get my head around those 'MMO Mice'

Getting one will nicely replace my very aged Logitech MX518

7. Nova

Nova

Too true! I think it's the... Naga? Which is basically an 'MMO' version of the DeathAdder. The mouse is so good, they've re-released it four times and a fifth time with extra side buttons.
    I used to raid heroic (Now mythic) on WoW and I found those '15 button' or whatever mice terrible - how do you stop from letting your (my) fat thumbs hitting the wrong bind? What's wrong with 1-5, Q, E, R, Z, X, C?

Let me know how you get on with the DeathAdder. :)

8. winterhell

winterhell

The Deathadder 2013's buttons seem too easy to click by accident.
    I recently got Logitech G502 and it performs great even on a crappy mousepad or directly on the wood.

9. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I don't mean to steal the thread for myself, but while we're on the subject of keyboards and mice, what's a good mousepad? I'm using an old Dell one and for years now my cursor will sometimes fly to the other corner of the screen, even if I'm not touching the mouse. You know what, here's a picture:
    [​IMG]
    It's a Micro Innovations keyboard and a normal Logitech mouse, both about 10 years old. Most of my games are played with a controller, so they really don't bother me, but I'm thinking about upgrading because... as you can see, it's very clearly time.

10. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Well as far as a mousepad goes I bought a small 'Razer Goliathus Control' one along with my new Deathadder mouse. Apparently Razer has some present configurations for their mice depending on which of their mousepads you have, though how much difference it really makes I'm not sure

As with a mouse and keyboard, there's plenty of choices online that are cheap and decently built. There's no need to splash out unless you both use the PC for gaming primarily and have the means to afford it. If it's a choice between one or the other spend more of your cash on a keyboard
    I'll come back with some first impressions on my Deathadder mouse when it arrives tomorrow