Burning Mega-CD ISOs to CD

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Elusive, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    Basically, to avoid taking up space on my HD, I'd like to burn the ISOs of Mega-CD games onto CDs. What I want to know is how to make it so it is playable, not simply a load of useless files. I understand special boot code is required - is there any program that can accomplish this?

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Using nero or a similar program should work just fine. I did this before and I was able to play it on my real Sega CD without any problems.

3. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Heh, this isn't that hard, I have a cd with Sonic, Sonic 2, and Sonic CD on it and they all play fine in the emulators, btw, I used DeepBurner. All I did was tell the burner to include the rom's the iso, and the mp3s and that was it.

4. Elusive

Elusive

How would I use Nero? I know I have to create an audio CD plus, where the data is the first track. I tried taking out the info in the Sonic CD ISO and placing this in the data track, then put the MP3s as the audio. Then, I booted it in Fusion (for some reason Gens doesn't recognise my CD drive). I got the BIOS screen, with 'No Name' in the titlebar. CD count -1.

Voice, what I mean is to actually create a MegaCD CD - sort of: actually burn Sonic CD to a CD, that'd be playable in a MegaCD. Am I missing something here?

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Do you have a *.BIN and *.CUE files, or do you have an ISO?

6. Elusive

Elusive

I have an ISO.

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    So just open Nero, and click on "recorder" then select "Burn image". Then simply choose your ISO files and it should correctly burn it to the ROM. Also, I think there may be an issue getting gens to recognize some CD drives

8. Elusive

Elusive

Thanks a lot, Rika. Much obliged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.