don't click here

Best Ring system

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cap, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bertin

Bertin

Sonic Triple Trouble's ring system was mainly my favorite. You lose 50 rings each hit. So if you are on a roll you won't be completely screwed. Then as a runner up I would say S2GG's ring system. get over 99 rings it will reset to 00 which means you can die at that moment. Made the game challenging (even though people can't even beat the first boss...)

2. Vangar

Vangar

What people?? Its uh, pretty easy.

3. corneliab

corneliab

It's a pain in the ass thanks to the small screen and randomized attack behavior. (what was it again, ball bouncing height...?)

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Specifically the GG version, not the MS version. The GG one had randomized bouncing and a smaller screen so it was actually an unfair battle.

You what would be cool? It's probably already been mentioned but a power-up like the one in Chaotix that makes you loose one giant ring would rock. It could either make you loose one giant ring of equal value to what you had or clump them together. Let's say Sonic has 100 rings and this power-up. He gets hit and when he does only 5 large rings scatter, each with a value of 20.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Turning off the sprite limit in Kega Fusion and giving sonic unlimited rings to lose them jump on S1 spilkes, you get a lot of rings but then it all slows down and sprites start to glitch :P

But you get over the default 20 doing that.

6. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Just give me the megadrive one, tried and tested. And True.

7. Eddo

Eddo

I actually liked the Sonic 1 MS/GG system. I preferred the challenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.