don't click here

Best Dreamcast Games

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Agobue, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram, although it's best experienced with the Dreamcast Twin Stick.

I recently got a Dragoncast VS. Link Cable for the game. Niice.

2. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future - You must think like a dolphin in order to finish this game, the puzzles are tough but very rewarding.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica - My favourite resi game. The incest between the two lead villians just makes the whole thing much more creepy. And surprise cameo by + - Wesker   .

The Lost Golem - a lovely little puzzle game. Simple but charming.

Sega Tetris - makes up for a lack of monkey ball on DC. Mallet swinging monkeys improve tetris experience.

Cosmic Smash - Virtua Tennis meets Rez meets Breakout in spectacular fashion.

Tokyo Bus Driver - The antithesis of Crazy Taxi, but somehow just as fun.

3. Eggman Crusher

Eggman Crusher

Powered by the human fucking spirit. Oldbie
    [​IMG]
    If you can understand Japanese, that is.

4. FlashTHD

FlashTHD

Oldbie
    Oshi, I forgot that. I don't even care that much for the original series and I thought Ecco 3D was goddamn fantastic. If you can find it, the PS2 version is also excellent (and probably much better controls).

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    [​IMG]

Shame on every last one of you for not mentioning this.

Gather some friends for this one. My nephews and I played the hell out of it back in the day. Also, all the ports suck. This is the one you want.

6. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    I've got Rush 2049, and I think I'd like it a lot more if the cars weren't totalled by the average butterfly. =(

Also, Eggfan reminds me of how badly I need Cosmic Smash. New year present to myself, I think.

7. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I was gonna say SA2, but I thought that mabye a bit too obvious, given our current location, you got a DC, you want games, your asking on Sonicretro, you probably already got SA1/2 ordered and in the mail XD

8. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    Tech Romancer is pretty awesome. It's a fighting game by Capcom about fighting mecha. Sort of like Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness, if you've ever played that, and Jin's a secret character. The controls are a tad more complicated than your average fighting game, however.

9. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Alrighty I'll list even though most have been mentioned before.
    • Jet Set Radio
    • Sonic Adventure (2 isn't bad either)
    • Mr.Driller
    • Shenmue
    • Bangai-o
    • Super Magnetic Neo
    • Skies of Arcadia

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    A little offtopic (maybe), but does anyone know how the translation project for this is coming?

11. AJ 187

AJ 187

it's freemtastic! Oldbie
    Seconding Doc Eggfan's recommendation of Cosmic Smash heavily, as well as Aquaslash's recommendation of Rush 2049.

If you're a wrestling game fan, you can't go wrong with Fire Pro Wrestling D.

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Capcom vs. SNK 2 for 2D fighting game fans.
    There's many more, but I can't think of anything else I want to add.

12. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    As if you didn't know my answer already.

Shenmue (hurrr)
    Shenmue II
    Crazy Taxi
    Skies of Arcadia
    Jet Set Radio
    Grandia II
    Cosmic Smash (fantastic game)
    Dead or Alive 2
    NBA 2k2 (seriously, the only basketball game I like, and it's good)
    If you can get the microphone, Seaman
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

God, I miss the Dreamcast.

13. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Tech Romancer's controls are actually pretty simple among fighting games, I actually think it's a great sort of introductory game to the genre. It's also one of the funny games that's actually better on the Dreamcast than in the arcade.

Interestingly, reading through this thread is giving me a better impression of why arcades seem to be on the way out and why the Dreamcast fizzled.

14. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    Sonic Adventure 2 and Trigger Heart Exelica seem to be my most played DC games as of now.

15. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I take it you guys saw the Top 100 Dreamcast games poll I did a few months ago? If not: http://dreamcast100.blogspot.com/
    Based on how many voters joined in it's the most definitive fan list on the net as far as I know, yet there's still a lot of great games that didn't make the Top 100 (and some I was quite surprised did make it in, like the Resident Evil 2 and 3 ports).

16. This..... I would import that Japanese version, Now that is how you package a game.

17. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    Here are some lesser known games I enjoyed:

Soul Fighter
    Death Crimson OX
    Dynamite Cop!
    Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
    Omikron: The Nomad Soul - This one is rumored to be getting a PS3 exlusive sequel

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Jet Set Radio. I only bought cause it was £9.99 back in December, but wow. It's just one of the best games I've ever played. There's some pretty obvious flaws, and the controls can feel so unrealistically clunky at times but the overall experience is simply fantastic. I've got to get off my ass and buy the Xbox and GBA games now.

19. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    The GBA game isn't really worth getting, it's a bit of a mess. I haven't played future but I've always wanted to because the first is one of my favourite games.

20. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I can't believe no one meantioned Fur Fighters! It's like Spyro with guns! One of the best games I've ever played, it's easily the Ocarina of Time of the Dreamcast.

Slave Zero is also fun, it's got very creepy atmosphere and you get to blow a lot of shit up.