Basic Questions & Answers thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, May 29, 2008.

1. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    I can't remember exactly the numbers but I recall that they are 4 digits and they sort of sum up in a fashion like, 0002 increments red, 0020 green and 0200 blue. Then when the numbers overlap, you end up with an odd digit so it doesn't mess up with the info. If you toy around a little with Knuckles Chaotix debug menu, you can alter palettes in real time so you can figure out how they work.

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
  3. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    32X doesn't have tiles, it has a framebuffer. Graphics data can be stored in any format the developers want. There's an editor for the Chaotix sprite format in SonLVL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Spicy Bread SSR

Spicy Bread SSR

You can call me Mal if you like Member
    Does anyone know how Sonic 1 loads object palettes in its code? I'm making a character hack base, and I don't want to change the object mappings unless I need to

5. One thing i have wondered about the Neon Cowgirl sign from Sonic Adventure 1 that was censored was if it's "Moan" Sound Effect is still in the sound test, If so which Number?

6. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Since I have no idea if and when this question was ever answered here, I must ask:

In 68000 assembly programming, when is it better to use a clr command versus a move command with a source operand that resolves to 0? I'm curious why some functions use one and not the other.

7. PhyChris

PhyChris

Sup people :) are there any sonic1,2 or 3 hacks that show different character behavior, like castlevania or contra?