don't click here

Anyone else notice the abundance of classic Sonic merch lately?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Patback, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I've been wanting to get a few t-shirts with classic Sonic on them for a while now. Everytime my girlfriend and I go to Hot Topic, I always would look at the t-shirts and tell her that I wanted one. Hopefully I can get this job at Petsmart so I can save up for some t-shirts, and I would love that hoodie and backpack too. The backpack is so cute. :3 But classic merch has been around for a while now, so I don't think it's such a big deal.

2. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Wow, I'm used to Goodwill's 2-for-$3.75 shirts if I want a graphic tee. I want some of these sonic shirts though. Idk. Maybe if I'm lucky one will end up in Goodwill :D

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    This. And Classic Sonic is almost completely different than Modern Sonic. There two different characters completely. Classic sonic died long ago when this new piece of shit came onto the scene. I always feel like it's a bad dream and I'm going to wake up one of these days...one of these days...

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    So many great classic Sonic shirts I'd love to have, but eh, I usually find myself spending my spare money on the games more than the shirts.

I do have that one black shirt with Sonic X-styled Sonic, with the random red Japanese lettering on it. I guess they still make them, since one day I wore it I ran into some kid with the same thing, just in an obviously smaller size and with blue lettering.

Random Fact: Whenever I wear that shirt my friends start trolling me with "It's Shadow the Hedgehog, look, it's Black and Red!"

5. Holy crap! I would have totally bought this had I been aware of it. ;-;

6. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Would you have spent 50 bucks on it?

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  8. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I have that shirt! That's my favorite T-shirt ever! :)

9. I want that shirt. That's just become my favorite T-shirt ever! :)

Now I just need to figure out a way to obtain it...

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    [​IMG]

Neato merchandise. I actually have both keychains. Grabbed 'em at a local game con. I've also got this shirt from Epcot-Japan.

I'd buy that blue Sonic 2 T-shirt in a heartbeat if it was under $40. That's a beautiful shirt. Also some of those Hot Topic shirts, pin set #2, and the Sonic plush wallet for laughs, but I'll pass on the backpack. It's a tad creepy, sadly, and I only say that because my brother's got a plush backpack of Yoda that most people would find amusing. Sonic not-so-much.

11. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Here you go

12. Why thank you. That's a pretty good price, too.

I'm just sad it must be bought online. I hate waiting for delivery.

13. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    I blame Iizuka.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Ooooh fuck, time to Photoshop.

15. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    This classic Sonic trend has been going on for a couple of years here in Britain. I've seen (and purchased ;P) all sorts of classic Sonic stuff recently - soft toys, posters, t-shirts, figures, bags, console cases. I did notice it when I went to America earlier in the year too, more so than the last time I went over there (a couple of years back) - picked up some quality merchandise, my favourites being a classic Amy soft toy and a really nice t-shirt, the latter I believe originated from Hot Topic but I actually found it in a random gift shop in San Francisco. The local Hot Topic didn't actually have a lot of classic Sonic stuff when I went in, which was a little disappointing (but then I found an amazing Zelda shirt in there instead :D). I'm sure I'd have no money if Hot Topic ever came to England, I'd always be in there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.