don't click here

A request about Phantasy Star 4

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Sik, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    OK, the Sound Test can be accessed in PS4 if you have a savegame with a completed game. I completed the game, but with the HD crash I lost the savegame. Since I'm not going to go through the whole thing again (it took me months to complete, and I got really angry when I noticed that what I thought was the end was just the beginning...) and I want to enter it, I would like if somebody can give me either:
    1. A complete savegame.
    2. A savestate to the Sound Test.
    3. A PAR or Game Genie code to trigger the cheat even if you don't have a complete savegame.
    PM me, don't be so stupid to post a link here. Oh, and I use Fusion, through I guess Gens is OK (BTW, Fusion uses Genecyst savestates, Gens has its own savestate format, dunno about the complete savegames through SRAM seems to be included in savestates).

2. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    uhhh... why would that be stupid?

3. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Because then a lot of people would go and download it. This isn't really troublesome if they finished the game, it is if they didn't and they want to look as if they did (unless you just make the Sound Test accessible in a savestate with no finished savegame). That's it.

4. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    So, you basically want someone to help you, and in return, you don't want that to help anyone else.

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Not to mention the fact there are sites which have completed savegames on already, so it isn't too hard for anyone who wants to look like they completed a game to find one, and I doubt these days PS4 would be peticularly high on the "show off" list =P

6. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Huh, I didn't think on that before >_>' So I guess this topic should be trashed then >_<

And DRX, in most of the cases when you ask help for something on Internet you don't give anything in reward. Normally when you do it's a private deal with a friend, not something public like this. I'm surprised you don't know, this is quite common >_>

EDIT: forget it, it seems like nobody cares to finish the game, just to increase the states of the characters, despite they screw up if they go over the limit >_> So it seems like there aren't any finished savegames to download neither any way to hack a savestate to enter the Sound Test nor anything.

Oh, and wanna a contribution? Get a finished savestate, go to the Start-Continue-Erase screen and press B. There you have the Sound Test.

7. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    You completely missed my point. You called sharing helpful data stupid. We disagree. That's all there is to it.

8. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    OK, post it if you want, but seriously, it doesn't make sense. You send me PMs when it has to do with a link to unmodified ROM lists and you don't care about posting publicly something that has been modified.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Ummm... if you just want the sound test thing, couldn't you just get all the vgm files from project2612?

10. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Rather than contributing to an argument, this post will fufill the request in the original post.
    The Genecyst savestate archive on ye olde Zophar's Domain has a Genecyst savestate of Phantasy Star 4, at the ending. So all you need to do is fast forward through it to get the Sound Test unlocked.

Problem solved! =)

11. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    No, I won't fast foward, I like the ending too :P Thanks!

EDIT: argh, that savestate doesn't include SRAM, so it's useless >_> And before you ask, it isn't the same playing as VGM than playing directly from the game. The game has proper looping, VGM doesn't have such information as far as I know (even worse is GYM) and hence no player will be able to do proper looping. And looping matters to me, I tend to play musics for looooong time :P

12. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Looping support is one of the main draws for VGM. I've left VGMs running all night and when I woke up the next morning they were still playing just fine.

http://project2612.org/details.php?id=51 <-- Phantasy Star 4 - The End of the Millenium. Archive contains 48 tracks, an M3U playlist, and a readme file.

13. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    OK, OK >_> BTW, I found some a savegame, not finished but near enough for me to try it. However Fusion refuses to reconsigne it and it appears as a clean one (and yes, I made sure the filenames matched). Tested with two versions of the ROM. No idea about this :S

14. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Who's next!? Oldbie
    I've found Fusion to be iffy when it comes to SRAM files created with other Mega Drive emulators.