don't click here

A great idea for a sonic game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by dust hill resident, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COCK-BENIS.

Over the past month, I recently bought a megadrive from ebay and the first three sonic games. So I've been playing through sonic 1, sonic 2, sonic 3, and sonic and knuckles again. And I got thinking.

It would rock if they made a new sonic game, with completely or mostly 2D graphics, with the same or at least very close to the art style and gameplay style as the first sonic games, like Sonic and Knuckles, or Sonic 2. And make this game for either one of the Wii, XB360, PS3, PC, or several of those, etc.
    The game would only have Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Robotonik.

Now, the megadrive could do some good 2D graphics. Imagine what 2D graphics these new consoles could do. You could have high resolution sprites, and more frames of animation in the animation of the sprites. If they do it correctly.

What do you people think?

2. Robjoe

Robjoe

Well, everyone's got an idea similar to this at one point in time, but there's really no-one here willing to do it. The closest thing you'll probably ever get is Damian's ProSonic.

3. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    That's what I was saying for a long time now. Get the old team that did S3K (or at least most of it) and make a good game based on the good old recipe, with an enchanced S3K engine, 2D, etc.

4. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    That's what I was saying for a long time now. Get the old team that did S3K (or at least most of it) and make a good game based on the good old recipe, with an enchanced S3K engine, 2D, etc.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    You basically want this to happen:

[​IMG]

6. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Let's not forget Retro Sonic.

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Something like this is too good to ever happen, officially anyway.

I've been waiting for something like this ever since I won S3+.

8. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I'd like something a la SF's HD Remix, but using a Paper Mario-esque style in constructing levels.

9. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    They could do what Konami did like with Castlevania and remake the 2D classic and then release it on that arcade thingie that XBox 360 has.

10. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Speaking of XBLA, what the hell happened to Sonic the Hedgehog: High Speed, anyway? It can't be THAT hard to port Sonic 1.

...oh, right, Sonic Genesis. Forget I said that last part.

11. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    We can all dream, I suppose. 'Cause it's pretty obvious by now Sega isn't going to appeal to the classic Sonic fans much anymore. IMO this would be an interesting fan project, either way.
    ???

12. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    The major problem is that, as Sonic Genesis showed, Sonic Team can't actually make Sonic games in the old style. Now, DIMPs, have them make it. They can at least approximate old-school, although I'd be angry if they used Advance-style sprites in such an undertaking.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    The Advance sprites weren't THAT bad. They might have not been as detailed as the SEGA genesis games, but they beat the shit out of them in terms of fluidness in animation. When you're playing in such a small screen like the GBA, detail on the character sprites doesn't matter as much as it did on the Genesis and the T.V.

14. Either way, they still look awful, and the style is very very different from the original style of sonic.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I liked the advance sprites in the later games, where you could tell that the sprites they didn't reuse from previous games looked much better. It was a good rendition of the "new" Sonic style.

16. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Down a few posts, since my download was fucked is my vision of what Sonic Team should try someday soon, only with the realistic Genesis physics... and more badniks, levels etc. =P

You should really take a look at The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure. The graphics are from Link to the Past, but with a shit load of upgrades to make it look better.

17. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    The .rar has an unexpected end of archive and won't extract.

18. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Or maybe a remix like Megaman Maverick hunters X, it was quite good.

19. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    <!--quoteo(post=164216:date=Apr 28 2007, 01:50 PM:name=Athelstone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Athelstone @ Apr 28 2007, 01:50 PM) [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Er... actually, that is VERY interesting. In a technical manner, of course.

I want. I know it's the same thing as every other damn engine test (but in 2.5D!), but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.