don't click here

3d sonic fangames

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by JigenD, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I think he said that about MMF to say that making a 2D game is a lot easier and that's why there are a lot more of them.

Besides, remember that a lot of those 2D games actually slowed down in the computers from their time, so leave alone 3D games. So basically there are more 2D games because they appeared earlier since the technology only allowed for them, nothing more.

2. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Wait no good Sonic games from MMF?

Emerald Ties: Crossing Fates
    Sonic Frenzy Adventure
    Sonic Time Attacked
    The Fated hour

these are all awesome examples of what can be done with MMF. I'll admit they are limited most of the time and most of them are average, but there are some good ones out there if you know where to look.

3. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    It could also be that most fangames never near completion anyway. SRB2 has had the same demo up for about 6 years now.

4. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Pull that off, as well as the infamous line from Vector (FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!), and I'll make you my new god.

5. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I'd love to see a scene where Shadow is stranded in a desert or otherwise dusty area, with his Air Shoes clogged with sand.

And like Vendettagainst said, I don't think any 3D Sonic fangame has ever been finished.

6. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    SRB2 development could have been a lot faster. But for some reason for a lot of years it got stuck, and basically upgrades merely included features suggested by the players. Just now they decided to get serious and finish it. Somebody could attribute it to Real Life™.

7. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Yeah, but I don't see why. They seem like they're focusing more on development of multiplayer levels (and horrible ones at that).

8. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Er, they don't make the multiplayer levels, they're taken from contest that are regularly made on the forums. And of course, most of the levels suck =/ Only one level ever had a perfect score.

9. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

So then, for about six years, they did nothing but post on the message boards.
    The gameplay, honestly, needs to be worked on (mostly handling).

10. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I'm also doing a 3d project, but its not a sonic 3d game (I don't know if I can make a good one), its a Flight simulator/Shoot'em up style game.

I'm making a game using the idea from sonic adventure's Sky Chase level but making more levels, enemies and bosses..
    The gameplay will be like After Burner Game (the SA gameplay isn't very good).

now I'm working in the game logic system, the graphic engine need lots of work, because I think that the game-logic is far more important.. (the camera is 90% finished).. to maintain a very good gameplay I need a lot of works, but I have time.

about the models... not everyone have textures yet, but at least they have their one unrwap image. I have two differents kind of models, in low-res and in high-res.. the low-res will be used in the DS version, and the high-res in the PC version.

[​IMG](this is not an in-game screenshot, its a pre-render from a 3d editor)
    the real graphic engine don't show the textures and the lighting very well... its work in progress yet.
    I making the engine using openGL, but I wanted to port to DirectX too (I'm also doing a DS version. I have lot of optimized and reduced models for the handheld version), but while I don't finish the gameplay, I won't continue with the graphic engine.

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Nice concept, I hope you manage to get that engine working fine. And it will be awesome that you are planning a PC and DS versions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.