don't click here

16-bit super Sonic is bad ass

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
  2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The Unleashed Super Sonic battle was awesome. The bit leading up to it in the 360 version was horrible, though -- I much would have preferred one run up to the boss followed by multiple segments of Rock-em-Sock-em like the Wii version had.

3. The Rock giant thing was really stupid and didn't feel like it belonged in a sonic game. I loved the Nights influenced ending battle though.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What's the point? In the modern games, besides the fact that Super Sonic can fly, Super Sonic seems to equal normal Sonic.

I mean the final super battle as Super Sonic in Unleashed he could lose rings by getting hit. If he's not invincible then what's the point?

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    If sega were to truely recreate sonic in 3D they would remove sonic's mega awesome flying and just let him rip through levels designed to take slopes at speed, unleashed can do such things but they just slapped booster ramps everywhere instead of real slopes with lips you can run up.

They also need to let you collect the emeralds as you progress in levels and not by a set story to only give us supersonic at the end, it's always disappointing.

6. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Super Sonic today is pretty much a flying Sonic; just give him a glowing coat of gold paint and the ability to fly, and you've got a modern day Super Sonic.

In Unleashed, he was actually slower than normal Sonic, and lost rings when he got hit, as Dark Sonic mentioned.

That's the thing - by making Sonic faster and basically making him invincible with the boost, Super Sonic just doesn't seem like a big deal anymore in comparison.

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I totally agree, I also wish that the "slide" move was sonic rolling into a ball.

8. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Yeah, just raise the tight spots up a bit, and there you go.

9. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    And then you run out of rings and die. No, just having it as a regular bonus is quite alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.