don't click here

My opinion of the Next-Gen Sonic Trailer(56K WARN)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Qjimbo, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Ok, we finally have some more info about next-gen sonic in the form of this trailer (thanks saz), and these are my personal opinions of it.

[​IMG]
    Nice opening

[​IMG]
    Wow, very nice opening ;)

[​IMG]
    OK, now I can tell they've spent a lot of money on this :D

[​IMG]
    WOOO GO GO SONIC SAVE THE PRINCESS \o/

[​IMG]
    Oh yes :)

[​IMG]
    Oooh, now we're onto some gameplay footage! Hmm Sonic running down a straight road, nice blur effects.

[​IMG]
    Being chased by some lava monster? Heh, bit reminisant of the Killer Whale bit in Sonic Adventure. Still, looks nice.

[​IMG]
    New zone now, hmm looks pretty enough, but what's with those badniks =/ Doesn't look very sonicy, looks more like a scene out of Unreal Tournament. Hey maybe it'll pick up.

[​IMG]
    That looks cool, underwater gameplay making a comeback :)

[​IMG]
    Damn you black Sonic clone :P THIS IS MEANT TO BE A CLASSIC STYLE GAME. Well, maybe he'll have classic style roles?

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    [​IMG]
    Oh wait, we're back to GTA themed stuff with shadow again -_- wonderful. A car with a rocket launcher. I mean, wtf :)

Then again this scene did make me think of something. Imagine if, say 12-14 years ago, someone had said "Hey wouldn't it be cool if in one level, Sonic had a car in a zone?", I would've probably said yes. Yet when I see it in this game I think "ARGH they're ruining sonic again!". Maybe that says something about my mindset? Hmm...

[​IMG]
    Aaah, our friend Crackahog ;) Nice level design again, I wonder if he'll be doing more old skool stuff.

[​IMG]
    >_> Wow... missle deflecting.... that sure is classic @_@

[​IMG]
    Oh look, it's chaos zero made out of lava.

[​IMG]
    GG.

And that concludes my review for today.

3. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    That "lava monster" is probably Iblis, ie. the devil. :P

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    But Sonic is the Iblis Trigger... The Iblis must be more of a power to control, compared to a monster.

5. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    Any idea as to whether or not this is coming out for the PC?

6. Shade

Shade

All I know is that I am finding myself loving these new designs, and I want this game. Nowish. It looks to be the best 3D Sonic since Adventure.

7. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I swear that new character is Lightning.

8. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
  9. chicago2003

chicago2003

Pending Member
    At first I didn't care much for the design of the newer Sonic games, but this one may be good.

Too bad I got to get another system to do it.

10. "PRESENTED BY RON..." is all I could get. First part is definitely "presented by," though.

This looks pretty cool - I see they've subtly redesigned Eggman again, though. Oh well. The princess chick is pretty graphics and all, but really doesn't look like she belongs in a Sonic game. Nonetheless, this is shaping up well, in my opinion. Looks like we've got a pretty cool game coming up.

EDIT: I figured out exactly what it is that looks so different about Dr. Eggman - is it just me, or does he look way more like Prof. Gerald now?

11. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    You're right. Doh, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually were "PRESENTED BY SONIC TEAM".

12. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
  13. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    *Looks at the picture of Robotnik*

Umm, all I have to say is...

WHAT THE HELL?

14. paul

paul

Still an idiot! Member
    United Kingdom
    Drum Maestro? No, it wasn't possible.
    SlimFast Dr. Robotnik, and Shadow's 'game' brought into the mix.

Sega didn't let my expectations down. Sadly.

15. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Okay, it's official. I'm done with this game. Period. I already had little hope for this piece of crap, in the first place, and then they just went and screwed everything up. When this game comes out, I'm not even going to bother wasting my money on it (despite already having an X-Box 360). Instead, I'm just going to sit there, and play Sonic 1, in memory of how good Sonic USED to be.

16. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    So it's really just Sonic Adventure 3, gotcha.

Well, the trailer is certainly ... foreboding, but we just have to look on the bright side and hope the gameplay makes up for it. The music was pretty good too.

17. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    I'm going to bitchslap everyone who moans about this not being like the old games. No crap, it's not like the old games. We left that behind 12 years ago, get over it.

I'm also going to cut out the tongues of anyone fond of Robotnik's redesign. I'm sorry, but that is NOT Robotnik. *huff* *puff* *huff* *puff*

I need to lie down for a minute here *still reeling from seeing "Robotnik"*

EDITNOTE: Sorry about that, I'm just pissy about old Eggy getting a makeover. Anyway, I'm still buying the game. I'll just cry while playing it.

Oh, and to all those whining about the "old games", at least notice that Robotnik is the bad guy again.

18. Shade

Shade

Suprisingly, I actually like Eggman's new design.

19. Atma

Atma

Nipple Rockets! Pending Member
    My parachute is a knapsack
    Learning Inform 7
    Oh wow O_O I am rarely ever taken in by graphics, but this just threw my morals out and made me drool. Eggers is looking a little thin, but I have no opinion on that so far. The classic Sonic style stages look great. I'm not too sure if I like the idea of Shadow having to rely on other things yet again, however. But this definitly loks like something I'll at least rent.

20. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    The graphics look good, but I'll have to wait till its downloaded to see. As for eggman, hes just gone aneorexic

EDIT: Ok, I just finished downloading the video and converted it to NSV. Basicly I just took a 25.5MB download and crunched it down to 2.3MB. The video quality is still pretty damn good, but the size of the video was crunched down to 320x240. You can download it here and it works in WinAMP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.