don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Do we have any kind of precedent for how soon Sonic games start getting promoted once the name is copyrighted? I don’t expect Origins to be the sole focus of marketing up to its release because at the end of the day it’s a remaster compilation. For the layman who doesn’t necessarily know or care about what the choice of developer would mean for that game, Origins is a known quantity, so I expect SEGA will want to dangle the shiny brand new game over us too.

2. Linkabel

Linkabel

I honestly don't see them doing anything till May-June.

I can definitely see them start promoting Origins for the first part of the year for a Summer release and then focus on Frontiers for the rest of the year for a October-November release.

3. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Forces had some of the absolute generic level design to come out of the series, and Lost World (the most recent non-Boost game) also made a point of having specific level design structures reused across different levels in different zones. Only needing flat terrain to build the bulk of an open-world title sounds like that would be a godsend to the designers. They'd only really need to concern themselves with populating the world with enemies and stock stage items and mechanics (rings, dash panels, springs, rails, et. al.) from that point.

The playtester leaks from 2020/early 2021 had descriptions of the gameplay that implied at the very least a sandbox approach, if not an open-world setup.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  4. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/1458084867598598145?s=21
    Oh god did Sonic get isekai’d

Edit: (Included tweet text for future posterity just in case)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2021
  5. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
  6. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA

7. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Sounds like a classic Sonic storyline honestly.
    - Sonic encounters a new character
    - New character starts following or being pursued by Sonic
    - Characters form a relationship or have friction until coming to a mutual understanding
    - Sonic changes their life in an unexpected way
    - Sonic ultimately never acknowledges these things because he's too cool for that
    We haven't really had this concept fully explored since Black Knight (which was a bit of a twist on the formula) or Colors just for the basic idea being there but not really working because Yacker is absent for haLF THE GOD DAMN GAME

8. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
  9. This is definitely going to be one of those divisive things that splits the fanbase even further lol

But you know what, fuck what people think, I like Cute Anime girls.

10. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

It's fake af, it sounds way more interesting than anything Sonic Team could come up with.

Maybe the twist at the end is that similar to Amy getting Shadow confused for Sonic, ghost girl gets Sonic confused for Classic Sonic, the true object of her affection.

11. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    "Big Tiddy Goth GF" and "Sonic the Hedgehog" are two concepts I never thought I'd see in the same space

12. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
  13. lupinsmask

lupinsmask

There's Sonic and Madonna for the big tiddy GF part.

14. Frostav

Frostav

That leak is so fake. In no universe would Sonic Team ever acknowledge the existence of the super emeralds (as a separate thing to chaos emeralds, at least--for whatever reason starting with SA1 the chaos emeralds had the supers' cut/design with no explanation, unless we're supposed to assume that they were permanently upgraded by the events of Sonic and Knuckles?)

15. Pengi

Pengi

Prior to Sonic Adventure, the Chaos Emeralds had the "Super Emerald" look in Sonic the Fighters, Sonic 3D Saturn/PC, Sonic Jam (Special Stage mode results screens) and Sonic R.

16. Frostav

Frostav

Fair, but all of those came out after S3&K. I guess my point was more that ever since that game the chaos emeralds have the brilliant cut of the supers in S3&K and not the step cut they had prior.

17. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Not to mention Iizuka has outright stated at least once that the Super Emeralds are non-canon. Why change course now?

18. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Because canon is always in flux and canon is whatever we need it to be and etc.

But yes, it looks outrageously fake.

19. Totally fake, especially what people are saying about the supposed ghost girl or whatever, but if it helps with understanding the Super emeralds thing, floating around in these "leaks" are rumors that Frontiers will be rebooting the canon

20. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

What if Sonic aged to 16/17 years old in Frontiers?