don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I've been burned too many times by this series to keep my hopes up.

Besides, haven't they made plenty of Chao Garden/Adventure jokes on twitter in the past? Not that I wouldn't be happy to be proven wrong or anything, but... :v:

2. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Gotta admit, I really liked Shadow and Rouge in this one; tremendously.

And bonus points for Knuckles pulling that Penders-esque face at Rouge when Tails comes by to help him out though. That was really funny.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The Adventure themes have been in all of the ASR games previously. And for what is worth, Shadows theme is All Hail Shadow and Sonic has Reach for the Stars...

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Yes indeed! Brace yourself for "Sonic - Same Mistakes as before but now with more nods and throwbacks to what you like: Edition" :v:

(But I do agree, it looks like Sega are possibly looking in the right sort of direction now. Time will tell I guess)

5. Miles3298

Miles3298

So wait a minute. If that Chao darkened as a result of Shadow stealing his food, does that mean Shadow is officially a Hero, as in a biologically certified good guy? :v:

6. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    no, darker = becoming Dark chao, lighter = Hero chao. or do you mean that him mistreating it made it darker, thus he's a hero char? hmmmm

7. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I would assume this. The only times Shadow did anything outright evil were Adventure 2 and ShTH. And the latter was only at the player's discretion.

8. http://youtu.be/vRfAaYxzUrY

We got a full race gameplay. That's looking amazing, man. And the Lost Palace music is so beautiful. Sounds like it was composed by Tomoya Ohtani?

9. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Oh hey, it looks pretty cool. Looks like we just needed more gameplay :v:/>
    I do wonder what causes players to be eliminated every lap though.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hey look at that, this actually looks ok. So it seems like it was a good thing this game got delayed. Also thankfully they either added an option to shut them all up or they significantly decreased the amount of random chatter. Either way, all good things. Will this be better than CTR though? Ehhhh prob not, but this looks like it can hold it's own anyway.

Now the question I have though is what platform should I get this on? I was thinking of getting CTR on the switch because of easier online play than the PS4, maybe I should do the same with this?

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I did notice Sonic lost his rings when he got hit. Maybe it's like the regular games in that regard?

Definitely getting this on Switch. I just want to know if me can mix up our team composition. I'd rotate Sonic/Knuckles/Shadow/Omega.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yes you can mix up teams, I'm just assuming you can't in the story mode.

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Pretty sure it was just a standard elimination race. Player in last at the end of each lap gets eliminated (or in this case, the last two players).

14. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    on the e-shop page for this it says NFC is a required item. Is this game going to use amiibos?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcodp_nFEOE

Some more footage of the same level but with Team Rose, specifically playing as the chao racer.

Their All star boost whatever mode music is the Chao Race theme from SA2 :v: It's amazing though how much better this game looks now, I'm glad they delayed this and got their shit together.

16. Thunder Bro

Thunder Bro

Yes, the delay was definitely worth it, the game is looking far better than the game play we saw initially, it looks like its shaping up to be a great kart racer, which is good, because ASRT is probably one of my favorite kart racing games of all time, so it would be pretty disappointing if this game flopped.

17. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Remember when Arin and Jirard went to Japan? More stuff from the trip:
    http://youtu.be/ps2hebagSrU

18. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    This is some straight up bullshit I tell you what.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate it out of principle.

20. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Why this guy of all people? I understand he have a big following, but he made it clear on several occasions that he hate Sonic games.
    Why not someone people like? Like SomecallmeJohnny? He has a decent amount of followers and he's pretty liked in the Sonic fanbase.

At this point, this whole relationship with Arin and the Sonic twitter feels like an overused joke we're forced to endure.