don't click here

SNOIC GENERATIONS PLUS

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Plorpus, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    The game is almost done! I'm running into trouble getting the file size down (you might have to live with 400 megabytes) and taking care of some last minute voice stuff, so the full game might not be ready in the next couple days. However, you will get SOMETHING by January 31st, even if it's not the whole thing. You'll be able to carry over any save data.

Yeah!! I'm so glad somebody remembers! I originally made a "sequel" to the terrible fangame called Sonic's Mega Quest. My version was... a little over the top. I included Moscow the Bug, Scarlet(?) the Echidna, Metal Tails, and Pip the Bat (the author's self insert) along with the classic "walk to one side of the screen" gameplay but otherwise did my own thing with typos, l33t speak, sexxe, and lots of death. Unfortunately that game is lost to time, though a version of it with different music and all of the text replaced with dumb Sonic Cult references and in-jokes is still on an old hard drive. It's terribly unfunny but I can upload it if you'd like.

The sequel is probably the one you played. Snoic's Maga Quest 3 was mostly a platformer and a bit funnier IMO. It told a tale of intrigue involving a race, infidelity, and a boss that referenced both Ultima AND Overlord. There was a classic mode too, but it was never finished. I'm still a fan of the part of it where Eggman steals Sonic's penis, and when you get it back it turns out it was a bomb and he had the real one the entire time. There was also a (barely functioning) multiplayer mode that I recycled for the original release of Snoic Generatons, but I've since removed it and replaced it with a fully functional Chao Garden. The option screen background and concept, the Chao Race victory screen image of Sonic, and most of the main character graphics are all still from Mega Quest 3 though!

The idea behind the Sonic's Mega Quest sequels is that they were by an ignorant little kid, like a preteen or something. So there'd be stuff that an edgy preteen would have thought was cool like killing and sex, except his understanding of it would be questionable at best. In 3, I took it a few steps further and ended up going a bit too far in the process.

2. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    UPDATE!

So close, yet so far... Snoic Generatons Plus didn't make it's release date (for the 2354th time) but I have not come empty handed!
    You can play the first third or so of the game, along with 2 bonus levels and a chao garden by downloading Snoic Generations 0.9 Final Chapter Prologue!

SEIZE YOUR DESTINY AND DOWNLOAD IT HERE

All progress, red rings, chao, and bitcoins will carry over to the final version.

3. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    This was positively delightful. Thank you.?

4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I'd rather wait for the final release, I don't want to ruin the experience for myself :v:

5. JamesRock7

JamesRock7

Pending Member
    Chile
    Hahahah Snoic for Dolan pls

6. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Just a heads up: I'm gonna be releasing this on the 28th, though I might not have a YouTube trailer or any promotion efforts ready till March starts. I also wasn't able to get voices for some characters so chances are it'll be released with some placeholder voices (read: me doing more dumb impressions). I'll still try to get some voice actors (I need Jet, Silver, and Rouge specifically though I'd prefer a female voice actress for the latter) and include their lines with any inevitable bug fixes or improvements.

It feels so surreal that I'm going to be done with this project that I've been working on an off on since 2012... I'll miss it, but hopefully my next game will be something I can actually put in a portfolio.

IT'S HERE!

I'll update the thread, make a video announcement, and work on the page over the next couple days. For now, here's a humble link to SNOIC GENERATONS PLUS:

https://hitlersauruschrist.itch.io/snoic

It will hopefully be updated relatively soon with placeholder voices replaced and missing lines recorded, as well as any inevitable bug fixes (Just like a real Sonic game it has not been properly tested).

7. SanicDerpy

SanicDerpy

???
    SMPS2MID & MID2SMPS Conversions and learning to draw.
    SNOIC Generations Plus is a beautiful masterpiece. Been waiting for a update when I completed the original 2017 version since last year. Had hours of fun to complete the plus version and laughing to death along the way.

I like all the weirdness, the music as well as all the references, especially the Sonic Mars and X-Treme references and the Harry Potter Obama 10 Sonic Boss. If you gonna update it can you add more playable characters? I'd like to see obscure Sonic Characters and Nate Morgan to be playable. :)

Keep making quality products!

8. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Thank you so much for the kind words!
    As far as updates go, I'm probably just going to do things like bug fixes, adding voices, and adjusting the difficulty. Additional characters is something I'd actually really like to do, but the way the game is put together (IE completely inefficiently and incomprehensible) makes it difficult. I've also been working on and off on this thing for over half a decade so I really need to move on, lol. If I get back into working on it I know I'll just keep adding more and more and it'll never get done (again). Never say never, though!

9. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member

Merry Christmas!!

10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Exceptional.

11. Yuzu

Yuzu

move over dmc5

goty 2019 is here

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I'd also like to personally thank you for adding a three-breasted Sonic creature to the print queue.

...of my family's printer.

...that only tends to get turned on while I'm out at work.

It came out lovely.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I don't know whether I am currently too high without my knowledge or consent, or not high enough. :colbert:

14. Foxeh

Foxeh

Animator Member
    In the Walls
    Sonic AGES and Writing a documentation for Realms
    now with the new forum update, i can actually see the contents of the original post..

lmao this game is amazing