don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think these people are worse than some of the people they're making fun of :v:

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    [​IMG]

This converts to 7/22 as in the same date as the anniversary event in July. Looks like this is when we're getting our reveal!

3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Oh good. Another month. Yay.

So I'm guessing the 25th anniversary itself is just gonna have nothing at all happen, I assume?

4. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    There's still the Sega Joypolis event on June 25. We might get a teaser then. Also it's interesting to note that the user asked Ruby when the game will be out and he responded with that date. It's unlikely but not outside the realm of possibility that the game will be revealed on the anniversary and then launch this Summer. As I said it's unlikely but the direct question was "when will the game be out" and not "when will the game be revealed". What's everyone else's take on this?

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I dunno. I'm just tired of waiting so I'll wait to see when they finally announce the bloody thing rather than keep guessing. Funny how at this stage during Generations' life cycle we were all gearing up for the birthday demo, whereas this time around we don't have anything at all to go on! Just hope it's something special.

6. Flygon

Flygon

What'll happen if we deliver 722 Chili Dogs anyway? :v:

7. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    I still feel this is a bad move, unless we're getting a "simple" game for the anniversary, this sounds more like "a big game reveal for now for next year, something small for now". That's what I get out of it, just wish Sega/who-the-fuck-ever would say at least...

8. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Wasn't Generations announced and teased because a leak had got out?

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Generations was announced with the Classic Sonic teaser trailer in early April, with a full trailer including gameplay just a week later. The title of the game was leaked around the same time as the teaser, but there was no further info. By June, the game had been officially announced for about 2 months and we were all looking forward to the public demo being released on Sonic's birthday. That demo was only supposed to work for a month (360 players merely had to change the date on their console to get around that though) and the demo contained a lot of info to assets to spoil the rest of the game.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I will say this: SEGA's gotten a little more shrewd about what it releases and when.

They know PRETTY well the dumpster diving that goes on with each demo release, more so now :v:

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

What happened with Generations was just... I dunno, it struck me as relatively dumb or short-sighted because all the text references and title card textures could have been edited out relatively easily, no? And surely they must have expected people to go digging. Either that, or they didn't care. Oh well. If they didn't drop the ball there, then Jazwares would have done the same only a couple of weeks later when they revealed the packaging for their figures, complete with corresponding levels art and badniks.

Leaks have been miniscule across all Sonic fronts lately anyway. The LEGO thing was leaked about a month ago, but it remained unconfirmed until this week and the leak had nothing to do with SEGA anyway. I'm sure there must be some info out there that we're all overlooking. It happened with Boom - the information was on the web, but nobody found it until way after official reveals and releases.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It's coming a day after, but there's always Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games for Wii U, Azoo. Have you forgotten so quickly? :v: (I know I did)

That Generations demo really was a fantastic move from SEGA to the fans, though. Unfortunate that all those assets were still in to be found, but the gesture itself was incredibly awesome. I couldn't tell you how much time I spent playing that demo...and how many times I moved my 360's date back to play it more.

13. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Posted yet? Their E3 focus is Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice. Looks like the new Sonic Team Sonic game is going to be a no-show (but then again most of us already assumed that):

[​IMG]

Looks like we're waiting until July unless Sega shows off something at the Joypolis party on the 25th.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The comedy duo has now turned into a comedy trio.

Run.

15. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    Two biggest meme lords join forces.
    I can't wait to see the result.

16. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    The anount of game grumps circlejerking in that thread has me tempted to believe Game Grumps has in fact the worst fanbase. Thats probably just a problem with reddit in general, but goddamn.

Anyway...

"Don't miss our party in July. You'll regret it." Yeah that pretty much confirms to me that SEGA's got something up their sleaves specifically for that date. It's most definitely a reveal of some sort, likely going to be shown at the end of the event. Like the very end before the party dies down. Calling it now :v:

I'm betting on a vague trailer being shown off. That, or a live demo of the game. Trailers would be the standard fare of "get hype" but something tells me if SEGA really wants to change Sonic's identity from "shit gaem huehue gamegrumps" to "oh dang this is actually good," what they need is people to be playing something on their own and confirm to people that yes, this is in fact a good game.

THAT SAID the audience being sonic fans might not be the best evidence. ProJared slammed Sonic Boom back at E3 when he gave up hope and said it was stupid and dumb--that proved to be true. A fan of the series might give a bit more of a rose-tinted critique of how it plays.

Regardless, I do think what'd get people hype is just *something* to get their hands on to get a feel for whatever grand new thing this... thing is.

17. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah the anniversary party in July is looking like when the magic will happen. There's a chance we could see something at Joypolis on the 25th but Aaron's holding firm that July is where the announcement will be. If they're saving the announcement for then I wonder what will be announced at Joypolis? I slammed Sega for not showing off the game at E3 but thinking about it now instead of Sonic drowning in an ocean of announcements at E3 he's going to have the spotlight to himself come July and that might prove better and more beneficial for the new game. A new Sonic game announced now would get lost in the E3 mania but in July it has the potential to make waves in the gaming news sphere.

Also Sega asked Madeon to provide music for the Sonic game trailer so I'm assuming a trailer will be shown (with his music). Roll on July.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Just saying, E3 is slowly losing its relevance. Major announcements from publishers and developers are being held off of E3 for smaller events or ones specifically organized by the companies themselves.

Really, the only power players in E3 that can still drop bombshells are the Big Three, and even Nintendo is bowing out of that dance. E3 just isn't the place to fire rockets anymore.

19. Man...I now know I'll probably be out west the week of the party and I don't have a ticket. How unfortunate.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si74pZrNMBk