don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'm saving for either one more flight character or Metal Sonic. Classic Sonic if/when he comes back.

Otherwise, I'm not interested in getting EVERY character. Too much grind for characters I'll ultimately never use. Rouge and Shadow are too good.

Also, ran into an interesting glitch. I used a wisp power from the item menu and as soon as it triggered, it immediately canceled. As a result, I fell into a pit. I've never seen that happen before and I was nowhere near a boss marker.

2. MartiusR

MartiusR

Lottery/roullete is the only way to obtain Shadow (and Some White Female Battm)? By the way - do they have some special abilities or something, which is making them different in gameplay?

It's terribly annoying that so many characters are available only through lottery. I would gladly obtain Shadow even if it would cost more than those 250 red stars. And in lottery every "ticket" cost 50. It's far too much, looking on how small are chances for winning new character.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Gameplay is the same, they just have different bonuses. Shadow, Rouge, and Omega have a 75% Score bonus.

I stand corrected, Omega had an enemy bonus. I thought Team Dark was just Score bonus

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not Omega. He has a 200% enemy bonus.

5. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    What are some good tips to get high in the rankings? I have Shahra and that mother wisp equiped to get better score in B`*** ranking. Or is there better ways getting the score higher? Max I have gotten was 9,4 mln but I am afraid I get kicked out in the B section :(/>. The lag sometimes fucks up my good runs, pisses me off and then rest is fucked up. I once had like ALL kind of score bonuses on (on the menu the Score bonus button next to the switchable character and springs+ 34% more score chao Mother Wisp giving 130% score bonus, but I feel like the score doesnt seem to ho bigger. Maybe these do not work with eachother?

I also obtained Shadow by accident lol. I want to get that purple ship with big ring bonus too

6. MartiusR

MartiusR

How are doing it that you're obtaining such high amount of points? I've read this thread and seen that 9 or 10 mln is quite common, and I've never obtained more than 2 mln points (in fact, I've obtained about 1,7 - 2 mln points four times).. Am I really so terribly bad in this game, or there is something else I should do? I've remembered about upgrading my characters, have some useful assistants (yacker, since wisps are really helping in obtaining big multiplier in short amount of time and.. well, I don't remember the second one, but he's boosting the score )... And still can't obtain too many points.

7. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Wtf!! When the game was loading, it told me that the Blowfish Transporter boosts rings by 2000 and WHEN I got it, it tells absolutely different thing >:C. Did they change the stuff at a last minute :/? I wanted to get it because of the ring stuff so I can get rings easier to level up my characters but now there's some equippable shit when combo is 3k........

When I start game on new day, all the things on new day are free. so I equip all 3 Wisp powers and the switchable character and the score bonus one. My best levels have been the flight ones with Tails, as I can tap and hover on places. I have shahra and the mother wisp and when the game wont lag much, I have gotten over 3-6 mln. I also use all 3 of the death revivals so I can boost the score. Sometimes game gives wisp powers very often so it's a luck if they appear so much. The drill one, what I used to hate, gives also a boost to the score (and I keep waiting when the shitload of gems part appears :D) or when I don't use the mother wisp, I use yacker so the wisp power lasts longer so I can get the combo longer. But Sometimes the combo breaks on its own....

8. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Unless the buddy power is entirely different to the one advertised, then the advertised always shows the buddy with its maximim level. Kind of like the game saying "look at what you could have!" I learned this during the soft launch, with Chip.

You use the same powerups as I do, except I don't use the character swap, and Speed levels are my bag, baby.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya it's entirely different. The loading screen says the blowfish gives you a 2000% Ring bonus, but in actuality it gives you an equip-table power up every combo (So like Shahara but you choose when you use the powerup you get)

10. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Huh, that's a neat power, but odd that it isn't what's advertised. I can understand if earlier buddies had errors like this with their descriptions (and fixed up until now), but newer ones certainly shouldn't.

As flackoweasel suggested, it may have been a last minute change, and someone forgot to change the description.

Also, has anyone else been suffering ads that don't want to load when they attempt to use a free retry recently? My game has been doing it quite often, and it's getting to be very aggravating.

11. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Neowl, yeah I know the maximum level thing, I was mostly dissapointed that it was not the ring thing I hoped it to be.

I use character swap to get further in game, if I die as Tails. If I have like 1 ad and 2 red ring revivals, I have 6 changes to do my run before I die :D. 2nd character is Rouge for me

12. DustinVG

DustinVG

Super Ancient Keys
    So, I finally beat the last segment of the game and... the reward for doing so is apparently the same as any other bit.

Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping for a bit more.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just got back to that, and at one point there was a higher reward. You used to get 50 Red Rings, then it was lowered to 30, but now they seem to have said lol fuck you and just made it 10.

Maybe they plan on making a new part of the story so they cut back the reward in advance.

14. I would hope that's the case, because I have lost any incentive to finish this game now.

15. runde

runde

Using Plan "B"... Member
    Deep in the gut of Texas
    What was I was supposed to do again?
    I don't think I will be playing this for a while. It's been an alright game but at Rank 102 with Classic Sonic, Tails and Rouge as mains with Knuckles at ring and animal saving duty... it kind of gets old even if I finally got A rank.

I wish I could give away the extra characters as a lot of people would like to have C-Sonic or Rouge. They're making a killing from adverts and micro transactions, why not let some data get traded if it's legitimately obtained?

The Blowfish Transporter isn't bad, yet there was definitely some abrupt override on the way from the designer of the load screens to the programmer somewhere.

16. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Yeah, I've had this happen to me a couple of times. I've also had the game completely freeze up after I've finished a run, before getting to the score tally screen, meaning the run was effectively for nothing (I've had to force the game to close and lost everything from the run). Neither of these things have been frequent problems, thankfully, but it's still a nuisance that this kind of problem crops up from time-to-time.

Also - you only get 10 red rings for finishing the game?! Wow, some reward that is...

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    There is an over achiever in my group. His high score is 32.6 mil. I managed to get 27 mil just now but man alive...

I have the 112th total high score though that's kind of cool.

18. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

How do you get such high scores? What are your tips :O? I don't want to fall to B rank again, but getting over 8mln is pure luck..

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well honestly my highest score before this was like 17 mil, this was a crap shoot. But my set up was using Rouge and Tails on a flying level with Sahara and a maxed out Mother Wisp. The randomly generated items often save my ass while the Mother Wisp boosts wisp scores. I always make sure to use the 100% score increase item, the spring item, and the sub character item. For standard items I generally use the magnet, the drill wisp, and the laser wisp. Generally, the best way to get points is to use wisps, and if you know the patterns you can get a lot of points. There are two predictable set ups that are the best instance of this:

1. The Orb wisp thing has a pattern where you can get the wisp from either the ground or right above it on a floating platform. It's followed by a \/\/\/ spike section with gems floating in it. When you get to the floating golden badniks up ahead, float to the ground to find another orb wisp to extend your wisp life, then you'll get more points.

2. The drill wisp has a section that has a fuck ton of gems floating around. The drill wisp alone is good due to the 10x combo score multiplier, but with the magnet you get even more points since you get more gems. You know you're about to get the super gem drill section when you see a long line of small gems on the ground with nothing above you that will lead to the drill wisp capsule. Use the magnet right before you hit the drill wisp and then you can get maximum points from the section.

Similarly, once you obtain a magnet item later, if you have a combo of over 1000 that's the perfect time to use the drill wisp item you have been holding on to. As for the Laser wisp it's best to use that after an over 1000 combo and getting a 2x combo item.

A lot of this game boils down to path memorization. While it's "randomly" generated, the random pieces are always the same, so if you know what's coming up and know how to react you should get by unless you make a wrong move, which happens plenty of course, either because you screw up or the game doesn't react in the way you think it would. Of course, Shadow and Rouge definitely help for their bonuses, but as long as both characters used are the same type as the stage you should be fine (you can use a fly character in a speed stage pretty well for the most part though, just have to make some adjustments. Don't use power characters outside of power levels though, and don't use flight and speed characters in power levels. I wouldn't use a speed character in a fly stage, but if that's your only other option go ahead).

Hope that helps!

20. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Wow thanks for the tips. I keep waiting for the planet wisp and drill wisp parts so I can grab lots of gems. The magnet effect idea is a good tip, I need to remember that. I use Tails and Rouge too + Shahra and Mother Wisp. Right now I got 10mln aroundish but only landed on rank nr 17... Im afraid somebody kicks me into 19 and into C rank again D: (I want to get full Shahra level)

I hate Knuckles levels as those walls fuck up and I try to avoid that stage unless the icon changes :D.

Im mostly waiting the fly levels, those have been my best runs

EDIT: HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

I just tried this version like you said that rouge is 1st and Tails 2nd and I GOT 16,855 681 points :O!!! I was fucking lucky with all the wisps putting and magnet coming when I jump in the fuckton of crystals.
    from rank 17 to rank 4 :O!!