don't click here

The Sonic 3, 20th Anniversary & Knuckles Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Taxman, Oct 18, 2014.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    The Sonic ReMaster System games, with all the level designs updated to 16-bit and put into the Retro Engine! It would be glorious.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    ^This. fuck that would be soooo awesome to see.

Think you guys can keep an eye out to see if the Dailystar will make a print version of the article? trash newspaper or not, that would make a REALLY great pic for the website.

3. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Shouldn't the website also be constantly updated with links to the articles covering it?

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah of course no argument there, any coverage the campaign has been getting should be added to the website.

5. 'SAVE SONIC! Fans launch campaign as the famous hedgehog faces extinction'

As much as I hate the Daily Star, you gotta admit there's allot of truth in that headline :v:

Keep up the great work big smile :)

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    [​IMG]
    Yeah I could get behind something like this.

7. Shockwave

Shockwave

LA, CA
    Sonic: South Island Warped
    Well damn, I'm familiar with that Sunset Park art, but the rest of those are new to me. And they all look gorgeous. I'd put money towards a project like this in a heart beat if one ever came around. I wouldn't mind seeing a Chaotix remaster either, if anything to clean that game up a bit and make it more readily available.

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Even though it's counting chickens before they hatch, I'd prefer it if Chaotix was done after S3K. The SMS/GG games have already been at least ported, while Chaotix has had no way to play the game legally outside of the 32X for nearly a score.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

9. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    That's understandable, but I think it's worth noting that a game like Chaotix would only see a marginal improvement in a remastered version compared to the Genesis games, unless a TON were added/changed (and in which case, not exactly fair to the Genesis remasters). Even small positive changes and additions to rereleases of the Genesis games are worthwhile because of how famous and important they are, but for Chaotix, might as well just port it instead of trying to give it the same remastering treatment.
    The 8-bit games on the other hand, while not exactly shining with popularity either, would see a dramatic benefit from remastered versions, making the endeavor far more worthwhile. It would bring them up to a standard that most people would not only be able to tolerate, but enjoy (as much as I love the 8 bit games, a lot of players don't exactly care for the small screen sizes, tricky mechanics and often shoddy level design), including a total visual overhaul, 16 bit FM soundtrack, proper Sonic physics and gameplay, and so on. It would finally allow those games to sit alongside the Genesis games as technical equals.

10. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I've been posting all the updates on the site's Facebook and Google Plus channels. But I guess I could have a seperate page on the website as well.

11. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I've been posting all the updates on the site's Facebook and Google Plus channels. But I'll add a page to the website as well.

12. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    The problem is that you're dealing with a lot of people that are going to want fast and easy information. Having to scroll through facebook posts to find coverage isn't really going to be very appealing at all, to reporters or even anyone else who's just heard about this stuff. If you had a nice, condensed list of article links grouped together all in one place, then it's more likely that anyone to whom it would matter (like bigger press sites/etc, not to mention SEGA themselves) would actually get the full scope of existing coverage

Also, as Gene said a few posts back, it probably wouldn't hurt to link to my tumblr post to show that one of the developers has recently and openly expressed his support for the campaign :P

13. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    No problem, I'll add the page.
    I've already got the link to your blog post, but I haven't upload it yet, so I'll do it all in one go, probably this afternoon.

14. Bought today's Star on the commute and there's no article today. Doesn't look like it's making print unfortunately.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    A Chaotix remaster with a "director's cut" option could be the game that sets the line between old and new Classic content.

The assets in Chaotix can still make an amazing game.

16. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    If you mean this in the sense of recycling Chaotix's assets to make a new game from it, then I totally agree; because I'm with Lange on the game needing a massive overhaul on it to be on par with even the original versions of the Genesis games.

I'm also down on the idea of "remastering" the 8-bit Sonic titles into 16-bit titles, but as Jason said it's more of a case of counting chickens before they were hatched. Though those 16-bit mockups posted earlier are just lovely to look at.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think pretty much everything, including even potential new features in S3, is counting the chickens before they hatch. We don't know if this campaign might be a success yet. And even then, it's just Sonic 3 (& Knuckles, probably). I'm all for brainstorming ideas, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Sonic 3 first, then we'll see where that road may take us.

18. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    This.

19. Falk

Falk

Suppose SEGA of America come around and say "Okay, we're gonna let you have S3&K remaster, but one caveat - all music is replaced by Nickelback. Take it or leave it".

WHAT DO YOU DO, RETRO?

20. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I'd still want it. Nickelback music, no matter how terrible is is / may be, wouldn't be enough for me to reject a TaxStealth 3&K remaster with all of the (potential) bells and whistles that would come with it.

Though if something like that actually happens I'm blaming it all on you Falk for baiting fate. >:u