don't click here

Sonic Zodiac

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by InfinityInfinity, Jul 18, 2014.

1. InfinityInfinity

InfinityInfinity

The Key spamming Pac-Man main Member
    OOP NORTH!
    Sonic Zodiac
    So I don't miss out anything, I'm just gonna copy pasta what's important from the game's thread and Sonic United and add in any major updates that have occurred since the announcement. Sorry for being lazy, but I'm really tired :(/>/>/> (also, whoever put me on as a trial member will have seen the bulk of this, but you guys haven't so yeah, almighty repost) ;

""Sonic Dynamo is being developed by InfinityAlex (project lead, level designer, programmer), ZigZagX (art, programmer), Hobbers (art, additional programming), PicsandPixels (art), Jassbec (musician), Mr Lange (musician) and Can of Nothing (guest musician). The game features custom sprites made by Hobbers and, upon completion of the soundtrack, music by Jassbec and Mr Lange. The project was initially called Sonic Paradise and we'd planned it as an open world project where the player would collect upgrades and complete tasks to advance, similar to the Banjo-Kazooie series, but during development, we decided to switch the focus of the game to a more traditional Classic Sonic game in an attempt to create a spiritual successor to the classic era series."

In the SAGE demo, you'll see one complete zone, except from the fact that almost all of it's music is placeholder material right now. I'll be posting a trailer once we have one, but for now here are some screenshots not seen anywhere else;"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, posted late last night, here's some concept art for an enemey called Kamba;
    [​IMG]

Now, I'm sure you'll have questions, compliments and criticisms about the game, and feel free to post them below, but be warned that, because I'm on a post restriction until I get validated, if that happens to begin with, I'll just be taking a round up of each post every 15 or so posts until I'm a full-on member. But anyway, that's Sonic Dynamo, look out for us at SAGE this year!

2. InfinityInfinity

InfinityInfinity

OOP NORTH!
    Sonic Zodiac
    Sorry for my absence but the demo is out now and we will actually be updating it with some fixes shortly.
    http://sagexpo.org/games/sonic-the-hedgehog-dynamo/
    As stated in the post above you'll see one complete Zone with a boss; let us know what you think by posting either in this thread or on the game's page on SAGE site.
    Have fun! :D

(Sorry I'm not writing a lot it's like 1am here. Also, progress will resume next Monday, we're all having a tea and crumpets break right now. :P )

3. Xilla

Xilla

I finally got round to playing this last night. I thought it was a load of fun :) Nice and simple - A problem I sometimes have with fangames is that sometimes levels can be long and barren with no "memorable moments" but not here. :) I liked the boss too,

Well done :) Keep at it!

4. InfinityInfinity

InfinityInfinity

OOP NORTH!
    Sonic Zodiac
    Cross post from Sonic United:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZzjHTAiSs
    And here is a demonstration of the new widescreen ratio; as you can see, we've also been working on making the level look nicer. Thoughts or critique anyone. Oh, and sorry I can't get the quality higher, but the vid was taking 9 hours to upload as it was and I didn't want to resubmit it. 480p still seems to be pretty good quality, so I'd suggest watching in that.

EDIT: Seeing as the project's been renamed to Sonic Zodiac, could a mod or admin please edit the topic title? I've been trying to do it myself but I can't seem to find an option for it.

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    To change the topic title, edit the first post.

6. InfinityInfinity

InfinityInfinity

OOP NORTH!
    Sonic Zodiac
    Thanks a lot. I keep forgetting about full editors on forums for some reason. Back to the topic, though, any thoughts on this or any suggestions you think would improve the game over the SAGE experience.

7. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    It looks pretty good. But I would recolor Sonic Advance graphics to prevent clashing. Also, vertical parallax effect seems wrong too.

8. InfinityInfinity

InfinityInfinity

OOP NORTH!
    Sonic Zodiac
    Cross post from United:
    Sonic Zodiac currently only has 2 musicians; Mr Lange and Jassbec, so it'd make sense that we want some more. :P

We're seeking capable and talented musicians who can work with or create and use their own Genesis soundfonts to emulate the sound style of Sonic 3. If you're interested in joining the team, post in the comments below or hit me up on Skype at alex.bradleydk4, giving a link to a music portfolio however you make contact. Myself and the rest of the team will then take a listen to the music in the portfolio and review whether we think you'd be suited to the project.

When we have a made a decision, I will message you personally via the PM system and, once we have finalised our musician list, one of the team will post here announcing the new musician(s).

9. Stritix

Stritix

The demo I played at SAGE was pretty good. Simple and straight forward, yet enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the future of this project.

10. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Mind reuploading the demo? SAGE is a time-limited website, so your link is now broken.

11. Sir Spacebar

Sir Spacebar

14 year old trash with no cash. Member
    Singapore, Singapore
    Original EP
    Alex posted a download link on the topic in Sonic United, so I'll just dump it here.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2uy1osw7lllrmv/SAGE%202014%20Act%202%20-%20Sonic%20the%20Hedgehog%20Dynamo%20Demo%20v0.1.rar?m=

12. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Ah, thank you!