don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    No wonder they look like NFL players.

2. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

I like the cartoon trailer. It's actually engaging. The jokes are what you would expect.

So far so good. I'm pretty interested in the cartoon, at least.

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Actually Super Sonic (and Super Sally) DID exist for one episode of SatAM, but they left out the Super Sayjin details. Instead, they were just able to run near the speed of light and kickass like they've never been able to kick ass before. I forget the specific episode but it was towards the end of Season 2. So don't count it out yet, we may just get it in a different form.

4. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

So, the No Chaos Emeralds thing... Is this for the cartoon as well? Because that part of the interview was just for the game.
    Secondly, does this mean Knuckles isn't the guardian of the Master Emerald?

Don't get me wrong, I like that they are trying to play to the strengths of this franchise and make all the details work in a more realistic sense. However, I don't think you should be allowed to just pick and choose what to focus on. I would think that good writing would be able to use nearly all the story elements from the original canon and make them work in some way. Amy is kind of an example. They could have chosen not to include her and keep the main character count low, they could have even created a new character to be a possible love interest for Sonic, but she is there. She still wields a colossal hammer. The only real change, as people are predicting, is she might actually have a more developed character personality. That's actually a good thing! Amy has been needing more of personality on top of the things we all ready know about her; we don't have to negate what's all ready there to make her more of a fully realized character.

But then again, this is just a casual action/adventure/comedy hybrid. Maybe I am just asking too much or putting too much thought into it. I only worry a little, and I do mean A LITTLE, because of what people have said here. Sonic Boom might not affect the main canon of the games, but if it becomes really successful, who knows what Sega might change their minds on. That's just a little something I keep in the back of my mind.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well the problem is, at least with the show, is that the world resets after each episode, so they couldn't have a long running plot involving collecting the Chaos Emeralds since that would go against the show's episodic nature. It's probably better this way.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  7. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    You're thinking of The Doomsday Project, and it was actually the final episode of the series. They had these two stones that could combine to either cause destruction or give the holders great power, and they chose the power option. Not sure if I can see some similar thing happening in this series but who knows.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Fun announcement time: Stephen Frost (producer of Sonic Boom) will be on SEGAbits' Swingin' Report Show later this month.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Think theres anyway we can submit some questions to SEGAbits for the podcast? I got a few questions I like to ask him.

10. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Since Sonic's arms are blue now, does this mean that he's been shaving them the whole time up until now? And why? Maybe the world's gotten colder, which is why he feels the need to wear an ascot to keep his neck warm too. :P

11. You know, I've always wondered about the sports tape, Tails particularly. Sonic runs at mach level speeds using his own two feet, so I could see him wearing the sports wear, but why Tails? He propels with his tails to reach incredible speeds so why is he wearing it on top of being more of a technician now? Doesn't bother me either way as it really isn't all that serious, but they could've gone with something more suiting for him, as it does kinda scream "change for the sake of change" with no reasoning behind it. In fact, the little buckles on his gloves he originally worn would've been more fitting with his steam punk-ish redesign now.

12. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    It hadn't immediately dawned on me that this now means Amy's the odd-one-out in the group for keeping her fleshy arms intact.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

BRB wanted to give Sonic clothes at first, but SEGA said no. The way I see it, giving Sonic blue arms not only makes him fit in better with everyone else in the series (bar Amy), but also makes him look a bit less naked. That's probably the angle they were going for. Amy however is clothed so her arm colour doesn't make much difference.

14. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I really don't like the "makes him fit better" argument when, you know, he's the standard. The first. You might as well remove the iconic cyclops eyes then.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Shadow, Silver and Amy all have the cyclops eyes going on too. You don't have to like the argument (I'd still prefer Sonic with his tan arms), but it's probably what they were thinking. "How come Sonic is the only one like this?". Makes sense to change that one thing to bring him more into line when they do doing major redesigns anyway. I'd have much more of an issue with his Modern design suddenly having blue arms.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/sonic-boom-even-more-sonic-toys-revealed/

>Sonic has a car
    >Not only that but the car has SPORTS TAPE

OK this is getting ridiculous now. The car idea itself is a little silly (outside of maybe an episode where they're in a motorsport challenge or something) but sports tape ON THE CAR?

17. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

And already the article has been updated to say that the info was wrong. Nothing to see here.

20. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I REALLY like the new Eggman, I think it's awesome. He has a stereotypical "army general" figure and his sash/cape again, which makes him a bad-ass. He's kinda like Dr Robotnik from AoStH in his posture.

[​IMG]