don't click here

Spikes in odd place.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by BlitzHedgie, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    Those spikes do let you do a neat sonic jump and speed glitch.

If you don't know how to do it, go on the hot plate under it when you get sprung up you go right land on the spikes on the top platform there and then you fall down and become like a Super Sonic on crack. Without the glow and sprite change. this can also be done by going in debug landing in the little thing that throws you and you press debug and you can't stop, but this glitch eventually will ware off...

2. SonKnuck Jr.

SonKnuck Jr.

1F Y0U C4N R34D TH15, Y0U R34llY N33D 2 G37 L41D! Member
    Tha Durrtay-Durrtay
    Sonic Jr. -Hold-
    My theory is... well kinda n00bish, but oh well gotta give my 2 cents.

Possibly its the programming code, that when they put so much together it puts that there along with whatever it was written for, and theres nothing that they can do to remove it possibly without removing the thing that it goes with, or maybe they possibly changed the level at "the last minute" cleanup and changed the level completely, and forgot about them being there, did final testing and debugging and found and decided to leave it there, and thought'how many people would actually notice it, since its such a fast paced game.'

But that's my 2 cents. Sounds n00bish to me, but whatever.

3. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Err... yeah, that second paragraph makes very little sense.

It's almost certainly not an unfixable bug, because each of those spring chambers is a seperate instance of the same object. The spikes would have appeared on all three of them.

The second possibility makes more sense, but it doesn't explain why the spikes behave like a springboard.

4. SonKnuck Jr.

SonKnuck Jr.

Tha Durrtay-Durrtay
    Sonic Jr. -Hold-
    Maybe they're two of the same (the springboard and spikes), but the spikes behave diffentely than the spingboard does (or whatever the spikes are covering). Try this go into debug mode appoach from the bottom, now lay a springboard somewhere near and approach from the bottom, in my theory they should act diffentely, but how should I know why theyre there I didn't build that level, like all those chicken heads (figurativley speaking of course).Or maybe they left it there so we could find it and ask questions.

Well, that's it for my "theory making" attitude for the night, for this subject anyways, its giving me a headache.

5. Aurochs

Aurochs

What?

<!-- postcount++ -->

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It's nice to try and guess these things, but perhaps you should have some strong evidence before doing so. It'll make the theory more plausable.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They put those spikes in there to prevent the player to see the bug that happens when they're not in there. They don't act as a springboard, it's just that the bug is still happening sometimes even with that crappy bugfix.

8. SonKnuck Jr.

SonKnuck Jr.

Tha Durrtay-Durrtay
    Sonic Jr. -Hold-
    I was in Act 1 in OOZ and found some Funny Rings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What the HELL are they there for?

9. Weird Person

Weird Person

You lost two seconds reading this Member
    Who knows?
    Objects in some prototype that weren't removed?

10. SonKnuck Jr.

SonKnuck Jr.

Tha Durrtay-Durrtay
    Sonic Jr. -Hold-
    So basically, I prooved/re-prooved that Oil Ocean was changed, but when I wonder, and what did it look like before. Hmmm... yet another question that we can't answer.

11. Aurochs

Aurochs

We all knew that it had been changed. Repeatedly. Games change a lot while they're being developed. That's the way it works.

12. SonKnuck Jr.

SonKnuck Jr.

Tha Durrtay-Durrtay
    Sonic Jr. -Hold-
    That I understand from experience. I just wanted to explore something great (like that will ever happen). I'll try cracking open S3&K, a little and see what happens, gotta keep seeing the glass as half-full ehh?

13. Aurochs

Aurochs

Oh, no, you're not drawing me in with that "optimism" bullshit. Oh, sure, it's all great for the first week or two, but then BAM! you've got my brain on a silver platter. Well, I'm not gonna be eaten by a giant rabbit! I challenge you to a duel! Do you accept, or are you a coward? Of course not! Now you take your carpet and scram!

EDIT: Looking back at this, I realize that it was incredibly stupid.

14. SonKnuck Jr.

SonKnuck Jr.

Tha Durrtay-Durrtay
    Sonic Jr. -Hold-
    *small-British-girl-accent*What-ever-so do you mean?*small-British-girl-accent* The 'opptimism' line was there to be there, everthing starts to suck after 1-2 weeks, 'cept fucking that is.

Plus- What the hell does that supposed to mean anyhow?

15. Vangar

Vangar

Anyone checked to see if the OOZ level layout is different in the beta to the final? Maybe those rings match up in the beta level layout?

16. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    Hum... <_<
    There is actually a place that looks like the one he posted, but there is no rings there and no monitor. You are at the top of the level and then you can't stand on top of the platform. IMO, that's just normal: think about the perfect score...

EDIT: So, where is this place?

17. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    No, Those spikes are not "Stupid" sega placements. They are all in those locations for a reason. The CPZ spike placement is very usefull so you don't get pushed into the wall by the moving platforms.

I even use that kind of placement in my hack.

The OOZ spikes were an attempt to make you not go flying because a steep slope collision was too close to a flat wall...

The high jump/fast speed bug has nothing to do with that wall nor the spike placement. You can activation this glitch anywhere in the level. Just get hurt and while he is falling be sure to land in one of those shooting pipe things and the glitch will activate.

The glitch will stay on untill you hit a spring, use debug, or use another tube.

18. Aurochs

Aurochs

Doesn't mean anything. I just typed whatever came into my head. :P

19. SonKnuck Jr.

SonKnuck Jr.

Tha Durrtay-Durrtay
    Sonic Jr. -Hold-
    Hachelle-Bee, In your pic. or mine? If your looking where it is in mine just look at the 'SCOR' those numbers shouldn't lie.

Aurochs, Blaahh! Duel?

20. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    SMTP speaks the truth. This seems sorta obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.