don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I can't wait to play it on my Nvidia Shield~

Taxman, I don't know how your detect controllers but the way its done is somehow perfect, even though it doesn't have native support. Analog and Dpad control Sonic, face button makes him Jump (and work in menus like they should), and start pauses the game. It's great, don't change the code. :v:

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So you think its going to be a full fledged title like Lost World? or some spin-off?

Wouldn't think SEGA would be so raring to release another title after Lost Worlds "meh" reception.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Of course it will be a spin-off title. That's how it's been working for years.

I doubt it will be some kind of "sport" title (Racing, Tennis, etc.) though. Maybe a third Storybook game?

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

After Black Knight bombed in sales they've completely dialled back on the spin-off titles, to such an extent that we got Colours made by the smaller/storybook team followed just one year later by Generations. I glanced over the credits SLW a while ago and compared them to other games. I think that it's a small/Colours/storybook team title, so the next game could possibly be a main instalment again made by the other team (though admittedly didn't go into huge detail so I could easily be wrong).

/guesswork

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That would make sense given how colors like lost world was. Plus it was 3 years after colors which gives them some decent dev time. But then on has to wonder, if lost world is the gimmicky spin off like colors, then what's the main title?

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I seriously could've swore I saw an Iizuka quote somewhere in the past month that said there was no team separation for Lost World but I can't find it now. :tinfoil:

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's the problem though. Iizuka says a lot of things. Half of it's horse shit. It's up to you to figure out which statements of his are true and which one's are lies through his horribly crooked teeth

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    He might be just following the steps of the late Yuji "there was no space for Sonic CD in Mega Collection" Naka. =|

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    So not to keep nagging on the release date train, but do we have any idea when in november this hits? Or will I just wake up one day and be filled with joy (amidst my stress of working in retail related to the next gen game systems)?

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Don't think so. The fact sheet simply says "November 2013" as well.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I'd guess the 24th for obvious reasons, or perhaps the 19th or 26th because those are Tuesdays

12. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    As this is an iOS and Android game, it's probably already finished, and will go up whenever the hell Apple and Google decided to pass it through their digestive approval system. It can be tough for anyone at SEGA to actually know how long that'll take.

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    If I recall, didn't Sonic 1 and CD just sort of appear, rather than at a specific date?

14. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Looking back earlier in this thread, it does appear that the Sonic 1 release just happened without prior announcement. Well, unless you count the fact that the game originally disappeared from the App Store 2 days prior to the release then suddenly reappeared with the same version. This was possibly due to someone picking the wrong option during the submission process, where it would be automatically released the next day after it was approved. (If I recall correctly, a few years ago it was not possible to reject an already approved binary that was pending release, without completely removing the app from the store. This may have changed since then.)

With that being said, there was some poorly recorded footage of Sonic 1 posted by a reviewer a week or two prior to that release and we haven't had anything of the sort yet for this. If the same pattern continues, we'll get crappy footage in the next week or two, followed by the actual game near the end of the month.

... With regard to Sonic CD, I think it was announced ahead of time. Unless I'm confused, it came out on consoles prior to the mobile release and we knew the console release at least 2 weeks in advance.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://youtu.be/0H4G0vZAQAU

Fucking love you Skyler, like seriously. :v:

16. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    That has to be the most acurate representation of this topic, atleast for 3/4 pages

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I showed that video to my roommate. He found it funny but thought it went on for too long.

I'll let y'all draw your own conclusions from that.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Your friend has a short attention span?

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The only major change I hope to see from the original is fixing the Super Sonic signpost glitch, since it is legitimately game breaking and easy to trigger inadvertently.

I've been playing through the original again, and I honestly can't wait to see the special stages at 60fps (and maybe have the stage sprites smoothed out a bit ;)? ).

20. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Heheh, that was entertaining.

In all seriousness, however, the intended behavior was instadeath. The last minute spike behavior change broke that. Even with the change, there is no recovery, you can't get out. There is no sense in wasting a player's time.

Assuming that Tails will not retroactively get his S3 flight and carrying ability, perhaps the best solution would be to deliberately make rings unrecoverable when landing on specific sets of spikes in these situations.

Either way, I'm confident Taxman and co. have a good solution up their sleeves.