don't click here

Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 - Released

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Mar 11, 2013.

1. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    A sort of Chain-Chomp Move could be interesting.

2. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    [​IMG]
    Probably the last thing I'm going to post about this so, yeah.

LLELVEL DESSIGINS

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I had to squint my eyes before realizing that the springs gave a perspective towards the size of the level. I'm gonna guess you use one of the power ups in this area?

4. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

New trailer is up, enjoy.
    http://youtu.be/glFqryVFodg
    Could have shown more but oh well.

5. Flare

Flare

Love the sense of adventure. Some points remind me of Galaxy - I think it is the mesh of the music and sheer fun platforming.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Looks very nice!

Hope you're getting someone to proofread that script, though. Saw a few errors. =P

7. Falk

Falk

We will be. :P

8. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    That trailer was quite charming, and I love the sense of adventure it evoked. I also really like that Eggman sprite, btw.

So......you're partnering with Lake again, I hope assume?!

9. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

I'm really sorry for those who want an original soundtrack but that's just not going to happen.
    Not just falk and the others don't have any more time to do things for free but I'm not going to let them.

I hope I don't sound angry but let's not raise too much expectations here. =/

10. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    Then again, this isn't technically part of the ____ The Sequel series. If I'm not mistaken, this is supposed to be a followup to BTS Aftermath.

Hopefully the lack of an original soundtrack will let this game avoid the excruciating delays the last two games had. :v:

11. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

@Thousand Pancake

Kind of. BTS aftermath was just made to test out this gameplay style before I jump into a full game.
    The game is still a sequel to ATS, but in a "majora's mask style" of a sequel.

12. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Welp, I'm excited.

13. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I hope that for controller support you map the "gem switching" or whatever these new powers are to the left and right bumpers on Xbox / Dualshock / Logitech controllers. Bumpers, not triggers. :v

This all looks really nice and I personally can't wait to try it out. ATS was awesome; I can only expect this to be better.

14. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    So... No timer, some kind of map, switchable 'gems', switching between two 'worlds' (in the form of time travel)...

This is a Metroidvania, isn't it. Come on, fess up. :v:

15. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

@Candescence
    Nope. it still isn't.
    BTS aftermath might look like one but this one is a whole new thing.
    Too bad I can't really show it in the trailers but the game feels soo much like... Sonic... with much more exploration.
    Levels are still linear, with multiple paths and last about the same time as the levels in ATS.

@Chimera
    Well, I'm not sure but I think MMF2 allows you to costumise the imputs anyway. But the item switiching was always intended to use the bumpers, even though I think using any other button wouldn't make a big difference.

16. Rainbow bacon

Rainbow bacon

I am a Cat eating waffles atop a tree next to Jesu
    Wherever the hell I want.
    Learning to do stuff.
    This game is leaking awesome juice! Gimme a cupfull!
    Seriously though, I want to play this really bad.
    A year or so ago I thought about making a similar (but definitely not this great) game, with some sort of Sonic-Megaman-Metroid gameplay style. I then remembered I don't know shit about making anything and I waited until someone had the same idea. And boy was I wrong, this is much better than what I originally imagined.

17. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Anyone wants to do a sneak peak at the ending?
    [​IMG]
    http://I.imgur.com/efRKNZr.png
    It's silly and I'll try to make the final boss a battle more like BTS'11s final boss but with 3 phases.

18. Rainbow bacon

Rainbow bacon

I am a Cat eating waffles atop a tree next to Jesu
    Wherever the hell I want.
    Learning to do stuff.
    Okay, what the hell. That bloated guy looks like if Eggman and Gish had a diseased child.
    I do like the Sonicy roboty guy though. Nice scarf.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Lake, I had my suspicions, but now they are confirmed. You are a machine with no sense of relaxation. Amazing game after amazing game :D

The compass directions being different acts feels like such an awesome and natural progression, I can't believe it wasn't anything Sega ever used in the first place. I'm really pumped for this one. Can't wait to play it!

20. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Yay, finally found a way to get that new sonic _____ in all the levels so... it might be a thing in a possible new game plus mode.

Except whem the exit of a level is facing north and the start of the next one is facing west.
    You'll pretty much exit a level in one direction and start the next facing the opposite. You can get used to it but it's confusing at first. =P

At least I think that's something people will complain about