don't click here

Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 - Released

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Liraxus

Liraxus

Some shmuck Member
    Idiotville
    Nothing, really.
    Wow, uh, that sure is an impressive little thing your makin' there, Lake. I enjoyed BTS' Aftermath's gameplay style, hell I didn't even complain about the sword part because I thought it looked cool and interesting.

So far, I really am liking what I'm seeing, but I have one issue...

At 1:02 in the video, that "8" figure confuses me a bit, but I can probably tell that its a map, I'd suggest a better map system that can be easier to follow or improving it in its current form.

Other than that, this looks really bloody good.

2. winterhell

winterhell

Poor example. Episode 1 can't hold a candle to any Sonic released on the Mega Drive/GBA/DS.

Oh and guys, to verify that "zomg this game better than official" get a friend who doesn't know the franchise much. Take said game and one made by Sonic Team(not Dimps) and show them to him. Tell him that one is fan made and one is official, but don't tell him which is which. It'll be probably fair to tell him how old is each game in case someone tries to compare games that are decades apart. If he thinks the fan game is the official one, there you have your answer :eng101:

Onto the topic, great work Lake! Looking forward to it :v:

3. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Yet another interesting project from Lake! I have downloaded, but have yet to play Aftermath, but it does look really unique and I think it's a concept no other fan game has ever tried before. You seem extremely well studied on Sonic level design, and apparently the structure of Metroid games too, so I have a lot of faith in this project. Good luck, and I can't wait to see how it plays in the final product. ^^

Sure seems that way. I know that feeling from finishing a Sonic fan game myself, and it took me two years of free time to put it together, iron out all the bugs, etc; (Well, I only got the half of them squished, the engine's still a trainwreck under the hood. =P) even though I was using sprite, BG and music rips. It was a long cycle of lessons about game development learned the hard way, and by finishing it, it gave me a lot more respect for Sonic Team and DIMPs than when I started it. So I know what you mean.

4. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    Finally finished this and I can show something related to the time travel concept.

[​IMG]

I guess it should be dissapointing to hear but the time travel is more an excuse to re-use content instead of an actual gimmick.
    Still, there will be some interesting things related to it.

(Keep in mind that I'm really reusing a lot of content of ATS in this game. The reason is that I tought I wouldn't have any more time to work on this because of college and reusing its content would help me finish the game a lot faster and, well, actually finish it.
    Turns out things are going faster tham I expected so... there's nothing to worry about.)

5. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Hate being nitpicky but... What is suporting that piece of the banner wich I circled in green at the 'present' shot? It should (if it's cloth) be hanging down by gravity like I made in the image bellow, since there is nothing suporting it upwards. Also, I'd give some extra reflection to the glass in the flying car, just so it have more depth in it (would also consider adding some beter shading to it's body, suposing it is made of some sort of metal, anyhow).

[​IMG]

6. DaHog

DaHog

Sonic fan-made cartoon and Possible 3D Sonic fangame
    I like it. So will it be like Sonic CD where you go in the past and try to change the future?

7. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

@DaHog
    Not really, I made myself a rule to avoid plotholes in the plot and that rule is that there's no way to change the past. Everything that happened in the present already happened and there's no way you can change it.

I know it's dissapoiting to hear something like that but still... that's something beyond me, I cound't program that sort of stuff without making it very half assed.

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Are the Time Stones getting involved in this plot? Actually, do you have some overarching plot plan for these? Usually people work this quickly when they've got SOMETHING planned...
    Interesting Time Travel laws in the Feperdverse, btw, I wonder what that construction in the background is...

(I ask about the Time Stone not because of the time travel gimmick, but because of the logo, which spins like a CD and, since CD is main canon but not numbered, I'd suspect you'd use it for a side project)

9. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Nope, the only game this game is connected to in terms of plot or plot devices is the true final boss from ATS.
    Aside from that and the caos emeralds hidden around the present, this game is a game that can probably stand on its own.

Like all my fan games, there's probably never going to be an intentional reference to sonic CD. (And yes, the peel out isn't intentional, but ya know, it's not exclusive to sonic CD)

No fan service, sorry.

Oh, and the logo spins like that to resemble a clock, just like the chrono trigger logo.

Edit: the reason why I'm showing of soo much stuff on the last few weeks is that those games (Chrono Sonic and BTS aftermath) were hiding on ATS's shadow for about 3 months and just now I'm starting to show of all the content I made during that time.

10. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    So this one takes place between ATS and Sonic 3, then?

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Would it not be more styliish and clocklike to just have the "Adventure" part spin and the frame remain in place. Like a clock hand on an actual clock. Otherwise, I'm presuming it spins counterclockwise to show the whole "go back in time" concept.

Regardless, fair enough. I look forward to playing this game proper.

12. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Think it's actually meant to look like a compass, not a clock, though

13. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Screen shot time.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I know a lot of you guys just want ATS but in the meantime I've been working hard on this game and I'm planning on releasing the full version in this SAGE.
    Yeah, at SAGE, this game is like, 75% done at this point.

14. ChaosRinger

ChaosRinger

Sonic The Hedgehog and The Holy Rings
    Wow!
    This looks amazing, Lake! If it's anything near as good as SBTSA was, I can't wait to play it! Good luck at SAGE this year.

15. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    I see you're getting better at custom graphics. I don't recognize anything in those screenshots that was ripped from the Genesis Sonic games. Major kudos!

If you ever feel like collaborating on something, I'm always floating around. :eng101:

16. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

[​IMG]

I don't think people will have anything to comment about this but still, I just want to share it with you guys.

This is something I wanna keep in sort of a secret until the game is released.

17. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    "FRENZY!"

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I was thinking Chain-Chomp Sonic, but it's basically the same thing.

19. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Makes me think of Yeth.

20. Chaud

Chaud

[​IMG]

Lol, seriously, this is amazing. I don't know why, but I really laugh out loud when I saw this screenshot. The background is amazing, too.