don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Much appreciated! Yeah, Penders I think tried to get deeper into the plot than he could handle. I never originally noticed it with the Knuckles comics, but I was about 15 when I first started reading them. I dug back into them not too long ago, and I noticed that the more I read the more questions arose. Plus the whole "well we never developed Rotor as a character so let's make him our token gay guy and call it character development" thing... I believe Flynn did the right thing there. That's not character development, it's a cop-out.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ... What the fuck

[​IMG]

Danica Patrick in the comic now?

3. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    maybe is just a promo pic...who knows

4. Tylinos

Tylinos

...When the ASRT tie-in issue was announced, that's one thing I wasn't expecting. Also, what the heck is up with your head there, Sonic?

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Its for the S&SASRT one-off thats coming soon.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Bump. Can't link it but I'm sure we can discuss it (I hope I'm not making a mistake here).

Somethings going on with Knuckles Archives Vol #3 and we got our not-soo-friendly neighborhood EX-writer to thank for it.

Damn him :argh:...

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

Well, SU#44 is in for me, and there's more of interest than just a traced NASCAR photo.

Ian, you've finally won over Geoffrey with me. It took a while, but this issue and the last did it. Good job. Also, despite having a really minor role, Larry was pretty great here.

In the end, it was pretty much a complete defeat for Naugus, but it looks like Naugus still has the support of the people, so unless something big happens, he won't be kicked out in 241 like people keep claiming. Then again, the preview at the end says "Naugus makes a desperate move you won't believe, and an old foe returns to battle Team Fighters," so hey.

And finally, Harvey stuck to his word. He figured out the traitor for Silver by doing some research with his own files and Silver's. Of a list of Sonic, Sally, Antoine, and Rotor, he crosses three off off-screen and says he can tell Silver why he's convinced the remaining one is the traitor...and then the issue ends, with the issue-end box stating that the hunt for the traitor concludes in #247.

So, who is the traitor? The final panel pretty much gives it away. He crosses off Antoine and Rotor, and the placement of the final X strongly implies he crossed off Sonic, leaving Sally. We just don't know why he thinks it's her, though I hope it's not as simple as "she was roboticized". That's just too predictable.

I thought it was a rather good issue. The arc came together pretty well, ordering issues with the main series aside.

8. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

So I got my issue of SU#44 a bit later than most subs, but I did want to point out one thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Naugus sure doesn't learn from his mistakes.

9. Tylinos

Tylinos

There's been a small tweak to the #241 cover. Can you spot it?
    [​IMG]
    Because that sure isn't out of place or anything.

And on a note far less of you will care about than goofy cover changes, I got #241. It's not "the story you won't believe" like the cover claims, but it's definitely quite an issue.

First up, Eggman sure did find the remaining Krudzu sprout from FCBD 2010 at a convenient time, didn't he? At least it makes sense to be there, though. But, sadly, it and Titan Metal Sonic are just there to give Team Fighters something to do this issue. It's not as interesting as the main part of the story: Naugus.

Naugus' mutations are getting unbearably bad for him now. He's really the highlight of the story, with his new plan to try to trick someone into entering a contract with him so he can possess their body, as he did way back in his early appearances. The scenes this leads to are pretty great.

I won't say quite what happens, but by the end, Naugus' situation has definitely been changed quite a bit. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this leads.

Meanwhile, Mina's mother is the new councillor because...uh...reasons. Not exactly who I expected. Oh, and Albion has been destroyed again. Welp.

Also, the SFFs aren't even in the issue despite being on the cover.

10. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Solicits for the main series' issue #244 and Sonic Universe's issue #47 are out now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    The tweek being that the issue is number 242 instead of 241?

12. Tylinos

Tylinos

Welp. That was a stupid typo. Meant to say 242. I still don't get it, though. Was adding the Team USA logo part of the sponsorship deal or something?

Also, Sonic's spines look hillarious on 244's cover. They make it look like he just has really puffy hair.

13. Tylinos

Tylinos

More double-posting, and that only can mean one thing: Preview pages.

There are actually two sets of previews today, and, uh... Well, it's #241 and #242. For some reason they've been put out within days of each other.

First up, #241, courtesy of Destructoid:
    http://www.destructoid.com/animals-in-politics-have-some-sonic-241-pages-235980.phtml

Full images beneath the spoiler. If you haven't read Universe #44 yet, keep in mind that there are some minor spoilers for that here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next, #242, from Archie's own store site:
    http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/sonic242c.html

Maybe it's up there and early for Olympics promotional reasons? Either way, the images are up in a way that makes it so they can't be direct-linked, so you'll actually have to go to the link for these.

[​IMG]

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    ....What is up with Sonic's face there? looks very strange.

EDIT: GeneHF wins, everybody go home. :v:

I did ya a solid since I had to upload these to a blog anyways, heres the preview for #242 in the spoilers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sonic, in great terror, realizes he's in America.

He now fears for his life considering the amount of deranged Sonic fans within the borders of this country.

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    He's probably come to the same conclusion as me. "How the hell did the USA manage to last thousands of years and the destruction of mankind?"

17. Technically, from old maps way back when, Knothole is somewhere in the eastern area of the US.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Seriously now guys, its an ATAP story so most likely this is the games' universe were dealing with, comic rules are thrown out the window.

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Also if Sonic were at the Olympics in America, it'd probably be Atlanta 1996.

20. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Did anyone else have this theme come to mind when Eggman, Orbot, Cubot appear and converse?