don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    [​IMG]

Yes.

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Holy shit, this is fantastic news. Best crossover that Archie Sonic has ever done, no doubt.

Not that it has very stiff competition, mind you.

3. Nova

Nova

So I'm starting to get into the Archie series by way of Sonic Universe, just finished the Shadow Saga.

Where's a good place to start reading the main series from? Part of me says 'start from the beginning' but part also says that there's probably a decent place to start more recently. The only thing I dislike is how many past issues they seem to refer to. :V

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Paul Kaminski also seems to be making the rounds on Twitter in regards to this as well. I made a Tweet saying I was excited for this last night, he retweeted/favorited/responded. Pretty neat all around.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Just backing up what Arique said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#185 is what I suggest to people. The enerjak arc just ended and its all pretty much filler until the start of the iron dominion arc, but it'll give you good ground to understand whats been going on and how the effects of 185-on will effect whats happening now. Universe doesn't start until #197 and for a bonus you can read Sonic X #40 because it a prestart to Universe.

7. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    I have no words but screams of joy.....and tears...

DEAR GOD THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

I can do nothing but love that cover. This is fantastic.

9. Isn't that Geoffrey St. John? Isn't Penders still claiming ownership over him?

10. Tylinos

Tylinos

Twelve issues across four months on each book? Well that was unexpected. I'm hoping it's more of a thing where there are three different-but-connected four part stories rather than having something like parts 1, 4, 7, and 10 in one book. I hate when crossovers do that.

Also:
    [​IMG]

11. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Protoman v. Knuckles? This keeps getting better!

I think it's safe to assume Tails/Roll is next.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Looks like the GLOVES ARE OFF
    [​IMG]

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Please let their be a "VILLAINS COLLIDE" image with two shaved mustaches next to each other.

But seriously, I just can't wait to see all of these characters interacting with each other. The thought of Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily conspiring together (or heck, even trying to compete against each other!) makes the entire thing worth it.

EDIT: Meanwhile.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Non-cut off Knuckles at the link
    http://kotaku.com/5924857/sonicmega-man-crossover-wont-feature-any-humananimal-romance/gallery/4

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh my. So much awesomeness.

Now this is a fucking good idea for a cross over Archie. Bravo. I know Sonic has been in some cross overs in the past but... they were pretty awful (Sonic + Sabrina was ok, but then there was Sonic + that other mess of a comic book series that just... didn't work). I can't wait to read all of these, but I should really catch up on my Megaman.

15. [​IMG]

They did meet once before in a magazine ad.

16. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I can say that I didn't like this at first but now omg im so excited XD also good to see Shadow again in the comics, he doesn't get much spotlight lately

17. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I'm not a Megaman fan but this does sound cool. I'm curious as to how it will turn out.

18. Tylinos

Tylinos

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/07/10/sdcc-2012-mega-man-meets-sonic-the-hedgehog-archie-comics-crossover

[quotename='Paul Kaminski']This event is so big that its going to involve nearly all of the Mega Man and Sonic supporting cast. And because of the circumstances in which these two universes are brought together, we'll be able to see a bit more of the Mega Man cast then has been introduced yet in the comics![/quote]

Well, that's interesting.

[quotename='Ian Flynn']This event is going to touch milestone issues for two of the titles - #250 for Sonic the Hedgehog and #25 for Mega Man. (and miss Sonic Universe's fiftieth by one issue – drat!)[/quote]

This is going to interrupt #250 after all of the buildup to it? Can't say I'm happy about that. I'm sure it'll make sense in story and be a big deal, but my problem's just that the comic's built up to there being a different confrontation in 250 rather than "Suddenly, Mega Man!".

Also, what Ian's saying with the timing has me concerned about something else. For it to hit Mega Man 25 and miss Universe 50 by one issue, that means (if I have my order right), it starts with Universe 51, then Sonic 248, then Mega Man 25. Starting with Sonic Universe instead of Mega Man or the main Sonic book? That's just...weird.

It does mean Universe 50 will be stand-alone, though. (And that 250 would be a Part 3 of 4 if the order's right, which is really lame.)

EDIT: Err, actually, I'm an idiot. There's two other orders it could start with. 247, 24, 51 (Which would have 250 be the last part for Sonic, but end completely with Universe) and 24, 51, 248 (Which would have Mega Man starting and Sonic ending, but still have 250 as a Part 3 of 4.)

Starting with 247, 24, and 51 is probably the most likely, unless the order the books come out in compared to each other changes. Usually Mega Man comes in for me a week before Universe, but they've been getting closer and closer together lately.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Wait, this is being included in the mainline numbering for the comics? These sorts of things confuse me. I was thinking they'd just be their own separate 12-issue thing.

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I wonder if they'll use the Genesis Unit from Wily Wars, while at the end of the crossover include a homage to this.