don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Update to the 3D mode hub:

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Bump. Alittle modification to the update above thanks to JoeTE (C'mon admins really get this guy out of Pending Limbo. hes cool):

3. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Well it was designed for it to be in 2.5d for the cameras to keep track of it, if you look at the placement. Might as well make a real 3d hub world. It works well actually, with a full expanded viewing.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Neat hack, but I tihnk the hub should remain on a 2D plane, and if it needs expansion, just have a mechanism to swtich between planes, say with a spring at the far left of the stage, one pointing back and one pointing forward, sending Sonic to another section. 3D hubs appear cumbersome, even in this early stage.

5. BandicootG

BandicootG

Ireland
    Making a Blaze the Cat mod for Sonic Generations.
    Hey Dario, I just noticed something, using the old model import script on Pickle, his model would load fine (Minus textures obviously) and using Sonic's kf files was fine, now if I import his model with the new script and use a Sonic kf, he completely glitches out (Like SlenderPickle we saw earlier) would there be any particular reason for that?

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    If your comparing this to the mod that Twlightzoney and the others are working on for the Unleashed project, Don't. This is just a fun little mod to see what the current hub looks like in a 3D plane and it was made by a member over at SSMB, the mod they are working on is going to be different.

How come Classic Sonic's spindash works when the camera is at a 3D angle?

7. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Where's the Pickle model? There's so many AR files where he could be.

The spindash always works in 3D if you entered a 2D plane first. It will just go on that 2D plane. It's been known for quite a while and everyone just toyed with the idea of how feasible it would be to override the 2D direction somehow at all times in classic sonic's code to where he is facing to in 3D.

8. BandicootG

BandicootG

Ireland
    Making a Blaze the Cat mod for Sonic Generations.
    His Model is in inspire/chara/npc_professor_hi.ar.

9. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    Would anyone happen to have any idea what format the text is in this game? Specifically I hoped to try to edit some of the song names to reflect a small music mod I'm doing. Mostly swapping out songs such as Flying Battery and Splash Hill with the Olympics remixes, maybe try my hand at turning some of the 3DS OST songs into AAX too. Nothing huge or professional. I thought I might also swap a few other songs with personal favorites, and I'd rather not have, say, Crazy Gadget listed as Marble Zone for example.

Of related but probably obvious note, it seems you can't simply stuff an ADX file from Sonic Adventure 2 into an AAX for Sonic Generations. I was hoping to get a lazy quick replacement for GHZ Original, but I'll have to put actual work and convert to WAV then reconvert it to modern ADX, oh well.

10. Dario FF

Dario FF

Well I tried the following:
    - Imported the model with the script and used the exporter(remember to have your units set to meters in max)
    - Converted the .mesh file to a .model
    - Exported out the Havok skeleton for it.

This is what I got:
    [​IMG]

I'm afraid the model swap doesn't work quite as well with like Unleashed since the bone structure for sonic got slightly changed. Also one of his arms doesn't move for some weird reason. I do have my HKX Converter around though for retrieving the original skeleton files, but I got kind of the same results. I guess the only thing that would work well with it are brand new animations(or original ones, but then again, he barely has some other than some emotions and stuff).

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Melpontro is starting another project:

Guess what it is?

12. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    He's not done trying to freak us out yet, make it stop

13. DinodudeEpic

DinodudeEpic

Do any of you happen to know of a way to export animations from Sonic Generations to something else? (Including skeleton files.)

It would be appreciated if posted a tutorial on this subject.

14. Dario FF

Dario FF

I don't have a tutorial, but as far as I know you can use HKXCMD(a Skyrim tool, which just happens to use the exact same version of Havok) plus a Max Plugin I think to import over the animations(not so sure about skeletons, but you can port those with the model importer script anyway)

When I said the hkx converter could convert anything from the 360 version, I really said anything. :v:

15. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Sorry to be a little off topic, but does that mean we could essentially have "Sonic in Skyrim". That'd be pretty boss.

16. Melpontro

Melpontro

Working
    We worked on Sky Troops a bit more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-WB9uWk_0

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

Incoming wall of text:

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Would love to help you out, but you know where I'm at. I hope the internet pulls through though, because Sonic Generations being even more beautiful is something I'd love to see.

19. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I'll send $50 your way next time I get paid.

20. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I'll suck your dick in real life. No homo. <333333

Ok. :v:

[​IMG]