don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Haha, I just love how the camera zoomed in when ever Sonic did something physics related, then at the end, the guy just stops at the 90 degree slope. The player knew his stuff though, so that's good.

Also, Sonic seems to blazing down that mountain on the avalanche section in White Park, but doesn't pick up much speed when running on the flat surface on Sylvania Castle at 1:17. More proof that Dimps is getting their act together with the physics? Looks like it :)

Finally, kinda weird how the background freezes when the score is being tallied up on SC...

2. MastaSys

MastaSys

It was already noted that it's looked like the Death Egg design used in Sonic Generations (the one with a light "belt" and a smile), and the PR said that this would tie CD to the Classic main series, so it's highly probable.

3. Aerobian-Angel

Aerobian-Angel

"____________________" Member
    All minor nitpicks aside (seeing as nitpicks need to addressed these days), why does everything look so right in that video?

4. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    ok this epsiode is looking somewht decent, but there are still too many boosters that induce auto uncurling rolls.

5. I just don't understand why they insist on putting the boosters right next to inclines. We have the spin dash for a reason.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    At the end of the day, it's a design decision, just like the reversal of the spindash noises, spring chains, and homing attack chains. They don't see that as a problem, so they won't fix it. They also want to keep some consistency from the last episode. So it's not going anywhere unfortunately.

7. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Hell, even the picture has the part of the mustache from the Death Egg face. Build the Death Egg around Little Planet. What could possibly go wrong?

8. Even more footage showing Sonic on the snowboard and digging through snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSXQ4RkYyOM

9. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

Did Sonic just bounce off of a badnik?

Like, a real legitimate bounce?

Nice.

10. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    LOL hold right to win, well for the most part (LOL at the guys face when he sees the game playing itself).

11. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Does anyone want to do this for the PC version? I've tried to finish it but this game just isn't fun, it's fucking terrible. The level design, the physics, the music, it's an awful combination. Whoever thought that this resembled S1-3K needs to be fired.

12. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sybvhk36uoir6dp

Just drop this in the folder with the EXE. You might need to rename the save file.

13. Aerobian-Angel

Aerobian-Angel

"____________________" Member
    Green/Emerald Hill in a nutshell then.

Well, I'm looking forward to the exploration in these levels.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Question. Is there a limit to the 69ing? Because otherwise why would you not want to go into auto roll/speed mode for the entire game?

15. I think if you slow down near a wall is when it stops, but yea, it does look OP at the moment.

Actually, it reminds me of the boost now that I think about it

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    The Game Informer article said the double Spin-Dash was available all the time. It looks like when you hit a wall, you bounce off and get a second chance, but you get kicked out of the Tag Action if you bump into it again.

17. Lambda

Lambda

Those last two videos really raised some of my hopes. I didn't hear orchestral masterpieces, the level design doesn't seem ALL that horrible the physocs do seem to be improved, and that double spindash looks a bit OP... but honestly, it looks like a lot of fun. Especially the part with boaring through the snow.

Sonic 4 as I truely imagined it? Nope. But, this looks like it could almost be at a Sonic Advanced series level of quality.

18. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    At least, the red rings won't be hard to find. This level design really is fucking linear. Seriously it looks like Sonic Rush level design...

19. Do the people who record these things have no idea how to use a camera? Nobody gives a shit about those tiny-ass screens in the background, or that one quadrant of the main one you're zooming on for whatever reason.

Also that music sounds terrible, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt since I can barely hear it over the talking.

20. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    In their defense, they're more than likely there to record the hardware in action rather than the game. This wasn't a games convention, this was a convention to show off Nvidia's stuff.