don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    ESRB has rated the game: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31977
    Not much news from the rating summary, however, it lists the game for Windows PC.

2. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    It doesn't list iOS/Android though.

3. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    iOS doesn't really have a Ratings system. Apple takes care of that part, not ESRB. :eng101:

4. *plugs in non-Xbox 360 controller*

Oh look at that, interface has changed to Xbox 360 buttons

*goes to configure non-Xbox 360 controller*

Oh look at that, showing a giant picture of an Xbox 360 controller.

Granted, yes, you can use a Keyboard and everything will look normal, but no matter what controller you use, most games will automatically assume you're using an Xbox 360 controller and display the Microsoft Controller buttons in the menus such as the Green A, that weird Back button, etc, wouldn't mind an option to toggle that On or Off.

PS: And yeah, I know if it bothered me that much, I could always just edit the texture files so it displays generic buttons instead, but it's only a minor niggle for me, certainly something I wouldn't praise Microsoft for.

5. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    The mobile version was different before, right? It will probably be rated separately.

6. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    As stated before, the App Store and Android Marktet don't use the ESRB, as they don't have to.

7. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Having controller support being a standard for PC gaming has been a fantastic move by the industry. I fucking hate using the keyboard for games and so do a lot of other people. The mouse is boss though.

A lot of controllers allow 360 controller emulation. I know a lot of Logitech controllers do it and I use 360 controller emulation with my PS3 controller.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Same here. It's really nice to use.

All I really have to do is then match the buttons the right way according to how it is on the consoles (if the game is on consoles).

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I have nothing to say to this except...

AGAIN WITH THE BEARD

Also finally they're going with the retro styled graphics guyw :D

11. Skaarg

Skaarg

They've really taken a step forward with the physics engine in that preview! :v:

Pretty funny though, here's to hoping for some real gameplay soon though...

12. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    (that image macro with Fry holding out a wad of cash)

13. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Okay seriously not to derail the thread (maybe a mod could split off a Games for Windows thread?) but how do they not deserve some credit for bringing standards to PC gaming? I mean seriously, think back to the DOS days, every game had to ship with it's own set of drivers ffs. DirectX and now Games for Windows offer a unified platform for developers and gamers. If you don't have a 360 controller, that's cool, is it so hard to install x360ce? It even maps the buttons for you with the built in online database! It's a hell of a lot easier than trying to map a gamepad to keyboard and mouse commands.

14. Of course, because No PC Games EVER supported controllers before Microsoft said so. Look, if you're happy with what Microsoft have done with PC Gaming, good for you, I'm not so much inclined to agree, the talk of DirectX is a totally different discussion compared to the Games for Windows Live and Xbox 360 Controller thing. But I do remember playing games on PC with a controller PRE-2005, when games would accept ANY USB controller without the need to emulate it as another controller as opposed to these days where "Controller Support" means Xbox 360 Interface on the game and if you have a different brand of controller, tough, you better go emulate the Xbox 360 controller!* But again, if you're fine with that, cool for you, this isn't really thread worthy, I just differ an opinion to you, Microsofts work with DirectX has been great, despite the complaints from a few devs, but their work on GFWL has been terrible and has done more damage to PC gaming than good, just my opinion though.

*Of course there are games that work with any USB Controller right off the bat, such as Sonic Generations, but the game will still display Xbox 360 buttons and icons.

15. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    http://blogs.sega.com/2012/01/20/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-ii-–-concept-art-friday/

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150528537107418&set=a.10150528535672418.399291.23050342417&type=1&ref=nf

Wow, it's like Episode 1 all over again.

16. Loving that Pokeball face. (Once you see, you can't unsee!)

17. serpx

serpx

FINALLY, new badniks! I like the creature, very retro to me (and now very Pokemon). I hope they stay original with this game -- it's fine to take elements from the past games, but I'm personally wanting an actual new game, than a celebration of a past kind of game. Something to look forward to on Fridays until they finally decide to show us the damn game.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Have they already started on the rehashes again? That thing looks like the wheels from Marble Garden. Ugh. The Badnik is cool though.

19. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    I love the Badnik. It's actually really unique, and gives me a bit of hope for Episode 2.

That wheel, though. Damn SEGA, you crazy.

20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    If the physics are anything similar to Episode 1, I'm already assuming that the wheel gimmick from MGZ can be stood on at ridiculous angles rather than standing straight on it.. Half-joking aside, I like the snail badnik, it looks pretty cool. Maybe we will get new content after all(!), although this hype-train stuff was silly the first time, why is it happening again :psyduck: