don't click here

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Machenstein

Machenstein

It's in Metallic Madness, Zone 2, Past. In the original Sega CD version, there's this huge room you can't escape from because the diagonal spring leading out of it is too low for you to make it to the ledge out of the room. This was later fixed in the PC version and this version.

2. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    The game for me started with a save already made, I -think- because I used the /data/ backup that's been floating around. This is why mine didn't at least.

3. Kilometers Prower

Kilometers Prower

no mater wot medoner ses Oldbie
    USA
    In Metallic Madness Act 1, the area with the two springs facing each other with the frog badnik has an issue. You can warp from the present to the good future, but when you arrive in the good future you're stuck rolling in place, almost as if you're stuck in the frog badnik's legs. It's a shame, since that's the ideal place to time travel in that level. It happened with both Sonic and Tails, every time I tried it.

EDIT: I should mention, this seems to happen every time when Sonic is rolling, and only most of the time when he's running.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Ah, I used those too, but they didn't come with any saved games...

5. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Did Sonic simply phase through the bumpers in the CCZ's boss in the original?

Also, I really wish we had a retry button.

6. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    [​IMG]

It's a little touch, but I loved seeing this in-game.

EDIT: OH DAMMIT. This was for the other topic.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    What version are you using? That didn't happen to me in the 360 or Android versions.

8. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    More bugs:

-Tails' flying time resets when he flies into a breakable bumper in CCZ, even when fatigued, enabling him to fly somewhat indefinitely.
    -Japanese Special Stage theme doesn't loop.

9. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    PSN

10. Sploit

Sploit

I have a DLC suggestion...

DLC should be available, so that when Tails goes into stardust speedway act 3...

...he races against Tails Doll instead of Metal Sonic.

I agree with other people's suggestions that Knuckles as DLC would be awesome too (and for his boss battles it should be Egg Robo and his race in stardust speedway should be against Metal Knuckles :D)

11. Sun

Sun

By any chance would Taxman currently fixing bugs have anything to do with the PC version being held back?

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    No.

13. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Double no.

14. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Triple no.

For an actual reason, regardless of any feelings about the character, sprite-swapping a single boss without any change in mechanics when said character functions just fine as-is for story and gameplay purposes is not substantial DLC.

15. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Oh god yes. IF you do end up making Knuckles DLC, please do that.

16. Kampfer

Kampfer

Why put Tails Doll or Egg Robo? Its not like Sonic 2 & Knuckles put Egg Robo instead of Eggman. Tails is an extra mode akin to Knuckles in Sonic 2, so it should stay close to the original game as possible.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    People just want an excuse for Tails Doll in another game.

18. Sploit

Sploit

Well I genuinely think it should have been done in the first place (like Knuckles versus Egg Robo in S&K instead of Robotnik.

It just would have fit much better. And to be honest in terms of DLC the boss battle could be changed...I mean some sort of flight challenge type race would be more suited to Tails...

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    All of you people suggesting meaningless, arbitrary changes to the game are fucking idiots; you completely missed the scope of what changes were made to this game and why they work so well. Please stop talking.

20. Sploit

Sploit

What is meaningless to some isn't necessarily meaningless to others.

Characters are huge part of the game for me personally, and I appreciate Tails being added in the first place.

But the suggestions I made for changes/DLC and such...its stuff I'd gladly pay for as those touches being added would be very significant to me. (I'm not speaking for what anyone else may or may not want to see and I don't really expect it would be taken into account in any way).

To some people the soundtrack thing was the biggest issue...it depends on what parts of the game are most important to you.

Anyways...I think its a great remake no arguing with that :)