don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    As long as it's your profile that you are redeeming it on. After you recover your profile on your new 360 just go to your download history and download it from there.

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Alright, great then.

Also, playing the demo on the 360, I have realized the game is much is more responsive, and less stiff, than the PS3 version. Must be that slight input lag combined with me finding discomfort in the PS3 controller.

3. endy

endy

Yeah it gets tied to your account... but the only thing is that the license will be tied to the other console as well, meaning he'll have to stay online with the account that purchased it in order to play it on his console. Of course if he wanted to he could reset the licenses and redownload it, tying it to the console he is on. You can only do this every so often though (unless they changed it) and its a bit of a hassle because I think it affects all your games. Of course its been a while since I've had to do this so if its changed then nevermind.

4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    This would indeed be awesome.

I disagree here though. The At Dawn section in my opinion had some of the best level design in the game (loads of platforming, alternate paths and shortcuts, etc.) behind stages like Red Mountain (Outside) and Final Egg. If they did have a Modern Sonic variation of At Dawn, I'm sure it would be altered design-wise to fit the play style. As for Classic, an At Dawn section would mesh almost perfectly with his level play style.

5. Yeah, I agree with At Dawn. I only wish it was a longer part of the level. Speed Highway was a great level because of the high speed rush that Sonic Adventure was pioneering for the series, along with a more traditional Sonic level at the end of it.

I really, really hope At Dawn makes an appearance.

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
  7. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [​IMG]

I dunno about the new version of this picture. Instead of Sonic having a cocky grin, and Shadow a dead serious expression, like in the original, they both seem to have this really awkward look on their face now like they are nervous, or camera shy or something.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I still need to buy a USB game pad for my PC. I went to a local GameStop and they had a Xbox 360 one but it was gross and looked like it came from a smokers home. :( They had some other ones, but they were from a brand I didn't recognize (black packaging), so I'm trying to remember the brands name. Sure hope I can get one in time for when Generations comes up on Steam.

9. Kori-Maru

Kori-Maru

Curien Mansion
    Project Sega Mugen for M.U.G.E.N
    But they still look so damn beautiful in HD. :specialed:

10. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Though they do look great model-wise, certain things seriously detract from the nostalgia it's trying to garner, like the reduced shine from the moon, and their odd facial expressions.

11. Kori-Maru

Kori-Maru

Curien Mansion
    Project Sega Mugen for M.U.G.E.N
    Just to let you guys know that I might cry when I play this game, because nostalgia is going hit me like a ton of bricks. Just like buddy saying "Oh shit" from the noisy rip of Classic City Escape from Sonic Boom cuz his childhood memories came back to him in his mid-late 20's.

12. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    For those planning on picking up a copy at GameStop... my local GS is doing a midnight launch for Uncharted 3 on November 1st, and said I'd be able to pick up my pre-order at the same time. I dunno what Naughty Dog was thinking, releasing a measly Uncharted sequel on the same freakin' day as Sonic Generations.

EDIT:
    Oh, well. His post lacked my sarcastic snarkiness at pretending like franchise mascots are still one of the driving forces of modern gaming!

13. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I pre-ordered it from Gamestop online today, so it'll be delivered on the release date, though I'll get it whenever it arrives. God I can't wait. :D I'm glad I found a gift card that I never used. :v:

14. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I sadly am unable to get the game at a release cause of shipping so there are always some days delayed for people who order it aboard.
    But I'm glad I get it afterall, few days won't kill me.

15. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    The good ol' days of where everything went wrong and Sonic sank into a septic abyss of which he will never emerge from. Why oh why was autism and Nintendo allowed to combine then destroy our beloved hedgehog? Its wrath can truly be appreciated when considering the poor fate of the mystic jester soon thereafter.

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Same here, only it's a friend of mine that's actually buying it for me. I'm immensely grateful to him; if he wasn't willing to get me the game, I'd have to wait until I can find a job to buy it myself.

17. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Huh, I wonder what it means by "saferestart". Also I wonder if timebreak is anything like Time Break in Secret Rings...if so, it bewilders me that they didn't give modern Sonic Speed Break :specialed:

I should be getting my copy delivered on release thanks to Amazon. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it until next day, but still excited as hell. Man just 9 days for us UK folk.

18. I swear I saw a video on youtube which has both Classic and Modern Super Sonic gameplay, full level runs. I'll try and find it...

Note, it's not the simple ending poses.

EDIT:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0qKTIsLfFY[/youtube]

yep.

19. Said runs merely use model swaps. The guy didn't collect 50 rings or lose any rings in those runs.

Also, the animations are clearly incomplete.

20. ancara

ancara

I just realized......50 remixes to possibly unlock? (correct me if lolwrong)

That means......oh mah god........5 remixed tunes from each game represented, plus 5 from other games as well?

If I'm even somewhat right.......this will be the most glorious OST in Sonic game history.

I feel tingly just thinking about it..... :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.