don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    The same could really be applied anywhere: the more skilled you are at a game, the easier the game will be, generally.

In other news, I'm enjoying the flow of Modern, and... haven't really touched Classic!

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Halloween night will be Sonic Generations Eve for many of us.

I'm ready for October to be over with too.

3. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Modern Sky Sanctuary makes Modern Green Hill look like poo, complete fucking poo!

4. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Tutorial levels tend to be like shit in complexity when compared to later levels.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Classic Crisis City looks nuts, I'm rewatching all the trailers and I'm sort of hoping for a Sonic Spinball vibe from that level. It reminds me of Showdown for some reason.

6. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Modern Rooftop Run at Paris Event:

7. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I felt kinda like I was just watching a modded Sonic Unleashed.

8. I have to say, I'm impressed with how much the level layout is completely different from the original there. Looks quite fun actually.

9. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Spaghettionia reminds me of those old Sonic 1 sprite hacks where they just changed the background colour and the character sprite.

10. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Yes, because that level design is an exact copy from Unleashed, oh wait.

I always thought Spagonia looked very dull and this is a massive improvement, it may be one of the most colorful stages in Generations so far.

11. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    I've got to say, I think the new 'Spagonz' looks pretty fantastic. Quite a bit trickier too!

Overall, it looks like a major improvement on the original (which was fun enough but seemed to be lacking something)...the music sounds pretty perfect. You've got to wonder if they'll be reworking the later tracks in the released End Credit medley so they include the remixed versions?

12. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    ...Nega Eggrobos? Or something far more reasonable?

13. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    That is actually Classic Robotnik and his cousin Doctor Warpnik.

14. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Pretty sure those are the backs of regular ol' Eggrobos.

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Rooftop Run is SOOOO fucking colorful; it itself looks like it should be in Colors! Honestly, that stage is pretty damn beautiful and looks not at all as dull as Unleashed's Rooftop Run. It not only looks more fun, but just look at all those new places to explore! I'm sure there's going to be just as much multiple paths in this one, which is awesome. Kudos Sonic Team~

Thank you for confirming your narrow mindedness. Are you saying that just because Unleashed came out a few years ago? Layout only is the same in a select few areas while the rest is entirely fresh. There's really not much about the older Rooftop Run that's better than this. :| (not just because Sonic's controls were completely wrong in the first one).

EDIT: Yeah I pulled an opinion injection, sorry, but what I mean is, the older Rooftop Run had racetracks everywhere with only I think 3 areas with 3D platforming and not much platforming at all in the 2D sections, as well as being completely devoid of any colors other than brown, orange, yellow, (SLIGHT) green, and blue (sky). Now with the festival going on, and the fact this stage isn't Unleashed's Rooftop Run, it'smore expansive, branches into many more paths, and actually has some moments where you have to react quickly in 3D space in a not really so broken fashion and you don't have to hold X to win so much. If you think the newer Spagonia is inferior/a copy and paste job of the original levels (Think: 3DS Classic stages), you're out of your mind, and could say that about ANY of the three classic stages in the console version; you'd be dead wrong about that by the way. :P (not just directing this at Kogen btw)

That's because you were.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

16. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    oh you :v:

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

They're a new kind, actually, with a new color scheme and the ability to fire rockets from their heads. judging by the GameTrailers video. It'd be cool if there were several Egg Robo variants running around to help diversify things a bit, while staying true to Sky Sanctuary.

/inb4 "then why not include Mecha Sonic if they're going to recolor them ffff"

18. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Woah seriously? I didn't even notice that! That's pretty badass of them to make a separate Eggrobo enemy with different tactics.

19. Kori-Maru

Kori-Maru

Curien Mansion
    Project Sega Mugen for M.U.G.E.N
    Them Eggrobos be dome checkin'. Were just about a week away until release day. :eng101: I'm about to be TOO HAPPY to get my hands on the game.

By the way, looky what I dun did
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksvZ0oTPgUA

20. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Oh hey they've been taking notes from Smash Bros gameplay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.