don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Sonic has the luck of a dolphin. Everything he ever knew just sucked into the sky at random.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    From the Japanese website: http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicGenerations/white/#story

3. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    That's about what I expected to be honest, but Time Eater does look pretty bamf if I do say so myself...

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    They are showing the time eater, but not classic Robotnik...

I hope that means that he has some big super secret role in this game.

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    How nice of the game's almighty God-Monster to conveniently appear right in front of the main character and his friends. I mean, he could have literally devoured all of time anywhere else, there's a whole universe of room to do that shit with. Or does Time Eater have some personal vendetta against Sonic? ...Meh, if the game's good, who the fuck gives a shit?

EDIT: It's quite possible that the Eggmen will have no bigger role than any other boss that appears in the game—I.e. they appear "just because" for their one boss stage, and serve absolutely no plot significance whatsoever after that. Then again, I may be underestimating the role that Metal Sonic and Perfect Chaos play in this game, who knows?

6. Flare

Flare

I do hope that this isn't going to have the whole "I will send you to your previous memories to kill you, wahaha" because it's such a bad idea like Eggman reusing badniks in Sonic 4 because Sonic hasn't defeated them before.

And wondering if the Time Eater will have a voice, Tails looks like he is talking to it.

7. sandwichbars

sandwichbars

Cream and Blaze interacting with each other? So that means the Rush series WAS canon... does this mean we will see Eggman Nega?

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    >Silver boss fight

9. The Official Japanese website has just been updated.
    Let me translate the contents under the "story" category for you.

PS3/XBOX360 version

Today is Sonic's Birthday.
    A party is about to start, full of treats Sonic's friends prepared.

Or so it was supposed to...
    A mysterious monster attacks out of the blue,
    Sonic's friends are absorbed into a vortex,
    and Sonic is left helpless.

Nothing but a white world in front of his eyes...
    What is this place? Where are his friends?
    Everything remaining a mystery,
    an adventure that crosses both space and time starts!

3DS version

Sonic is invited to a birthday party Tails organized.
    With a chili-dog in hand, Sonic is in a good mood. However...

A mysterious monster attacks out of the blue
    Tails is absorbed into a vortex
    and Sonic is left helpless.

Nothing but a white world in front of his eyes...
    What is this place? Where is Tails?
    Everything remaining a mystery,
    an adventure that crosses both space and time starts!

Really hoping this could get me the upgrade to real member :P
    If not, what gives ^^

10. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hmn...

11. Zallirog

Zallirog

Much love for the translations, I wish I could take classes and learn Japanese but alas I'm not in, or near a school which teaches it... Either way I must say it's rather quick and to the point if nothing else.

12. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I really don't see the parallel between the time eater and that old artwork. They are vaguely similarly posed giant badguys, that's about it.

13. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    A walking penis and a walking hand to jerk it off.

14. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    It isn't likely, but the size, facial expression, claws, and such are similar to some extent, it 'could' be some sort of re-imagining but that's just as likely as any other theory.

But SEGA's more than teased it's someone the fans could recognize and guess, and the villains "appearing in black shadows or clouding gases" motif supports concealing who it really is, but since we have much more art to work with now trying to figure who. Though he looks much more mechanical now.

15. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Do you think that Classic Robotnik will appear in the game as a Bee-Man Colossus?

16. Zallirog

Zallirog

I think I figured out who the Time Eater is exactly, it's a bit of a stretch but it's the only thing I could think of from the series that even remotely resembles him.

I actually have doubts about my own theory but you have to admit they are eerily similar... Actually it could be super Metal or it could be Metal Overlord... Then again it could be something else entirely but if what they said is true and it is someone or something we already know then, this is my bet, some sort of alternate super form of Metal Sonic. Of course if the who or what is changed entirely when they became the Time Eater then there is no way to know what it/his true form really is.

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    And by a giant grotesque creature, no less. Sega really went back to their history for this one.

18. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Maybe it's the living embodiment of the Metropolis Zone, back to be a royal pain in Sonic's arse - Shellcracker, Slicer and all.

19. Zallirog

Zallirog

Oh god help us all if Slicer and Shellcracker have combined forces!

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Holy shit, I'm imagining Shellcracker with Slicer as its claw, and when he punches you Slicer throws the boomerang and it works like the spike bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.