don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    So it's 3:03 and I don't see the demo up yet. Looks like it's the waiting game now...

2. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    So what level was it supposed to be in the new demo, Green Hill Zone modern? I'm sorry if it has been answered but I haven't seen anything about which stage we're getting...

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Green Hill with Classic and Modern.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yep the level is GHZ Modern and Classic, so even if its GHZ again at least we can compare the builds and play as modern Sonic this time.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Also where is this demo?

5. Zallirog

Zallirog

Ah ok, well that's cool, I would kind of prefered a different stage but like you said we'll be able to compare the different builds of the game and classic vs. modern as well. I just hope this one isn't on a time limit lol.

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Dance Central 2 demo was just put up. First demo of the day.

Just gotta hold out now.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You can also search on Xbox Live and see if it's put up yet.

EDIT: Getting errors on Xbox.com, seems like it's being updated.

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    That's what I'm doing. 3 new demos have been put up so far.

9. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    This is irrelivant but I coulda sworn Sonic 06 was T o_O And my now collecting-dust copy of Shadow says rated T... Odd. Confusion on my part maybe.

Still, saw Sonic Generations on XBL, but it wasn't downloadable. After a nice wtf session I found it wasn't even a demo page, more like an upcomming game page o_o

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You should be able to put the demo in your download queue from here when it gets put up: http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Sonic-Generations/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80253450848

11. Zallirog

Zallirog

Unfortunately for me I must wait on the PS3 version of the demo. I have to wait another day. T-T

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Thing is, if Generations was going to have DLC levels, don't you guys think they would have mentioned such a thing already?

I mean, it would be a strong selling point rather than something they don't want people to know about.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I don't think they would mention such a thing before the game is even out.

14. Zallirog

Zallirog

If they did then it would look bad on them, at least in my opinion, planning DLC ahead of time is usually frowned upon, especially when devs stick the DLC content in the disk and force people to pay just to "unlock" the content. So the fact they aren't announcing means that if and when they do it will actually be extra DLC content as opposed to stuff that was all planned ahead and put in before the game was even released.

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    "Planning" DLC ahead of time is almost necessary. If there's no way for such content to be implemented into a game to begin with, well, DLC is kind of hard to implement. That's not the same thing as making DLC alongside the game itself and just staggering the release of the DLC so you can ride out the money-train, though.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It can be seen as a selling point, but it can also not look very good for SEGA by it's fans. Announcing DLC before the game is announced is one of the reasons people don't like Capcom.

17. Zallirog

Zallirog

Well I suppose I should have phrased it better. What I meant was it looks bad when a company puts DLC stages on the disk and don't allow access to it without paying extra money. That isn't really what DLC should be, it's basically putting all the content there but charging people extra for something they already, techincally had. Capcom is one of the major examples of this among a few others.

EDIT: DLC is usually supposed to be, either planned or created because of the disk space limitations and/or time contstraints, sorry, I should have been a little more descriptive to begin with...

18. Still not updated with the demo. :/

19. Not yet :/ The other one was up by 11am. Guess we'll just have to hang on a little longer :)

20. sandwichbars

sandwichbars

When I first heard of "Sonic Anniversary" and it's 'best of' levels in HD up to SA2, I thought of the Genesis-era games being recreated in full HD, S2HD-style, and the Adventure levels' models/physics upgraded to fit in with today's standards. All thrown into one disc (or downloaded seperately/in a pack through XBL/PSN). Oh god, I remember thinking this was going to be orgasmic...

But what we got is okay too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.