Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felik

Felik

Interesting thing is that in 3DS version M. Eggman is on endlevel signpost instead of C. Eggman .

2. Thinking about it during the Big Arm boss I did notice classic eggy was now more obscured, but he was still on the signpost in the console demo. What's going on here?

He IS confirmed to be involved in the story. Aaron Webber told me himself. Maybe this time eater theory is turning out to be true?

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Can't be the controller, since it's been reported multiple times to happen in different places...

But on the other hand, some modern TV sets have been reported to introduce button lag, so it might not be the game's fault.

...In any case, adding input delay on purpose would be a downright stupid thing to do. =P

4. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    I just played the demo at Six Flags over Texas yesterday. It was good, but I'm still stumped on the trick mechanic: what buttons do I press to do a trick?

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You use the right analog stick to do tricks and you have to press the bumper buttons to finish it.

6. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
  7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The demo will include the Classic and Modern acts of Green Hill Zone: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/10/sega-eu-us-re-affirms-second-sonic-generations-demo-for-october-19th/

9. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Anyone thinks it's going to be a much later build of the demo than the last one, or just the same build? The logical choice would be a much later version (if not the final version?)

I wonder if this is their way of ironing out any bugs left that we can spot that they can't - or critiques/whatever? I hope so!

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I think it'll be the build we saw in that SOF playthough.

Doubt bug fixing is going to be bothered at this point. I'm pretty sure the game has gone gold.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Pretty sure it'll be of the final build, or at least so close to the final the differences won't be noticeable. Either way, I'm hugely excited for this. It'll be my first chance to play as M.Sonic, and won't be too spoiler-filled because it's only GHZ.

12. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Green Hill again? Aw, I wanted something new. Oh well, I'm hyped.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The site that must not be named has stated that this demo will come out in North America for the 360 on the 19th... but for PS3 users it will come out on the 25th. Sorry folks.

Good thing I have both.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    US PS3 users can also create an European PSN account to download the demo.

15. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Shit, why can't PSN users have something first for once? -_- No sense in complaining about Xbox Live favoritism, at least we get the demo the next week, it could've been worse, look how long it took for us to get Metal Sonic DLC for ASR after XBL.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that :specialed:

16. Thanks. I've been waiting to hear about another demo release. I hope they let you play more of the classic version of the level.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'm going to assume that this second demo is going to be the general demo for people to download and thus won't get taken off.

EDIT: And since it's just Green Hill again I can finally delete the old Generations demo off my 360 harddrive.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You think this could be the same demo as the one released back in June, only with more unlocked? That'd be a cheep move, but at least I could play as Modern Sonic

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's not just them, SEGA confirmed this over at the blogs. The reason is probably because Microsoft tell publishers that any digital content must before released on 360 before PS3. XBL and PSN both update on Wednesday in Europe so it's not an issue here, but in NA where PSN updates on a Tuesdays they have to choose to boycott the 360 or see it released almost a week late on PS3. Real cheeky.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The blog post also confirms that the 3DS version will be released later in November.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.