don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness

Que?

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Trippy techno shit works for Shadow because he's a science experiment with rocket skates.

More please.

3. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    For those interested in the 3DS Version, The Site That Shalt Not Be Named got an interview with Aaron Webber about Classic's Homing Attack:

I'm willing to bet that it's unlockable or something. I don't even think DIMPS would be stupid enough to make it a permanent (or required) move...

Also, the question is not if there is a thought process, but if there is a legitimate, and thorough thought process.

4. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Yeah, this was the thing I didn't get about Shadow the Hedgehog (the game)... he seemed more like the alien from When the Earth Stood Still rather than a dark anti-hero. That is, he didn't really care about good or bad, he just had an agenda which was too narrow to involve such broad concepts.

The weirdest part is how they then had him join GUN. Didn't he spend the last couple games blowing up GUN's stuff? Oh well... that's Sonic 06's plot snarl for you.

5. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    The real lyrics are actually on the wiki. Look them up. I would but I'm posting from my phone.

6. Amazon don't charge you until the item is dispatched. I'm in the UK and I pre-ordered mine the day pre-orders opened on Amazon. So just make sure there's money in your account a few days before the 4th and you should be fine ^_^

I'm currently playing through '06 for the first time ever (that game is surprisingly difficult to get for less than £20 in the UK) and I'm actually really looking forward to the new Crisis City. Music should be excellent. Though playing through this game is giving me a sore head.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    They're actually exactly the same; I assume the user got them from there then.

I never actually knew that song had it's own page on the Retro wiki, so I never bothered to check there for lyrics. :v: EDIT: Perhaps these posts on the lyrics should be moved to the topic of other knowledge if it's going to continue. :p

8. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    You're right. I'm certain that there was once different lyrics on that page though, because one of the lines is " There's no trickery in this show" which doesn't appear on that page.

9. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

The whole track lyrics might be on the multi-dimensional booklet.

10. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I'd assume it has something to do with the Commander realizing Shadow wasn't to blame for the "accident" on the Ark and taking Gerald's speech to heart. Without his obsession with hunting Shadow down, and the staff from 50 years ago no longer in charge, GUN is essentially a world peace-keeping organization. If I'm not mistaken, Chronicles also portrays them as such.

Plus, despite that Shadow stopped harping on his past, it effectively lets him honor Maria's last wish (give them a chance to be happy/give hope to humanity) as a full-time career.

Honestly despite all the things 06 did horribly wrong, Shadow as a character was handled pretty well. Better than in his own game, even.

11. Played Generations at NYCC, can't talk much now, jumping was fixed and the level was City Escape, I only played classic, metal sonic boss in 3DS, not very fun, also talked to Aaron Webber on camera asked tons of questions, should be up soon gtg ily guys

12. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    Looking forward to your interview dude!

13. Rolling?! I already know the answer to that... glad to hear that jumping is good. How do you mean fixed? It's more physic based?

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Probably just feels less heavy, and more natural.

15. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie

Well, yeah. Shadow's backstory had multiple major issues, each warranting about eight paragraphs of explanation.

I just hope Generations makes sense of it all.

16. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
    Great find!

I couldn't resist that price. Looks like I'm getting both the PC version and Xbox 360 Collectors edition ^^;

17. Raia

Raia

Try to construct a Keio Saturn > PSX converter and mod a Sega Saturn Arcade stick
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Amazon is finally offering release date shipping for both versions of Generations.

I've upgraded my order for it since it's only a dollar more, and it also helps that I have the pre-order drop price for the PS3 version.

18. Sadly no new information to report, except some news from the Sonic 20th Anniversary tweet account that supposedly are coming today.
    Also, a wallpaper I made.

19. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Well that's Sega of America's view anyway. I think Sega of America and Sega of Japan have different views on which sonic games are canon. I can't be the only one that remembers SoA's "Sonic Bible". Not that it matters, seeing Shadow being canon is pretty cool.

Also, that employee makes a critical mistake here:
    . Sonic Generations, this game, would like to have a word with him. 06 is now canon bro thanks to generations (if its canon)

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I like to think of Sonic 06's occurrence in this game as a linear timeline of Sonic's life. Basically something like this (Starting from Shadow)

Shadow the Hedgehog ------------- Sonic 06 ----- *history erases itself* ------------ Unleashed

which would translate to this

Shadow the Hedgehog --------------------------- Unleashed

While Sonic reverted back to the time before Sonic 06 ever happened at the end of the game, if taken in a purely linear fashion, Sonic would still go through Crisis City, however there is a good chance he'll have absolutely no recollection of ever being there. Plus, the whole Time Eater thing allows anything to happen whenever since it's fucking with time. Events that were erased happened, events that happened long ago are being revisited, Events that happened in the future happened again, classic meets modern. Whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.