don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I loved what they did with, first off, the aesthetic of the Death Egg. It was fantastic, with the architecture and color scheme of Sonic 2, but kind of the darkness from the S&K version. The transition from the elevator to the platform was perfect! I'm with the others that say that it looks too easy; I'll definitely be playing in Hard Mode.

I love the little Sonic Rush homage with the final blow.

2. Rainbowroad6w

Rainbowroad6w

This is the member title. I'm supposed to say some Member
    Making music and liking Zelda and Mario and Sonic. Shut up, don't judge me.
    This is my first time posting something here. I hope I'm not screwing this up.

So I'm on Sonic News Network and a user named Alternate Phineas posts this picture I've never seen before, which is from Sonic Generations.

[​IMG]

It's in German, but look at this. Classic Tails is picking up Classic Sonic in a little image here. Furthermore, I've never seen this type of menu before, unless I'm forgetting something. This information was found at the SEGA forums, and was found on a YouTube video (which is also in German):

Hopefully this was helpful to all of you.

3. Impish

Impish

Well, this isn't a blog first off. Also, you'd be better posting this in the Sonic Generations mega-thread rather than in a new thread. But the picture is interesting, I wonder if we will have Tails following Sonic in Chemical Plant after all?
    EDIT: Ninja'd Blast!

4. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.

Oh well, it will remain a surprise until release day. I hope they don't duplicate tracks found on the 10th anniversary CD.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Whoa whoa what. This is new to me.

I think it says press Y to summon Tails?

6. With Google Translator and my splicing, it seems to me a timed mission with Tails in the chemical plant, and you have the ability to fly with him to the finish line, possibly with the "muck" of the chemical plant rising?

7. Eggomaticwaffles

Eggomaticwaffles

Oldbie
    I'm still thinking Classic Eggman could very well be revealed to be the Time Eater...I know there's that ghoulish pic that was revealed a couple of weeks ago (that seemed fitting for the Time Eater), but I'm thinking Classic Eggy could be the mastermind behind it all and thus, the reason why ST/Sega has not said a word about him. You've got to think classic Robotnik figures into the game in a substantial way...

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Greg, learn what a QTE is first before you start spouting lies. Thank you.

Also, merged that one topic into the Megathread. Quoting it for those who missed it.

9. corneliab

corneliab

Why even bother? It was already brought up a few pages back.

10. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Third to last track says Sonic Boom. That's about all I can read.

11. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    I'm really, really, hoping Hard Mode is actually, you know, hard. I'll be coming straight out of Dark Souls when I get this.

12. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Forget that, there's only one person who would want Sonic erased from history...

I think you know where I'm going with this.

13. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    bbbbbbbbbbbgggggaaabboasdfkosjnoif when is someone going to show modern Sky Sanctuary footage? This is the third or fourth playthrough of classic Sky Sanctuary we've got now, yet no one's even touched the modern stage. All we've seen of it were those aggregate 5 seconds in the genesis era trailer. I'm not ANGRY, I'm happy we're getting previews at all, but it just seems a little weird to me.

14. Zooming in with Photoshop, I find that Secret Rings and Black Knight are directly above Sonic Boom. Not sure about anything else.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Because SEGA says they can't show Modern Sky Sanctuary?

16. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Only obscure, low-quality camera shots of the game in Germany are allowed to show off interesting content. Thems be the rules.

On the subject of other characters, I am getting the feeling that it is just them and elemental shields associated with the various zones, which is what you select and earn for missions. I am not getting the impression that Tails follows you, for example, though maybe. I am mostly wondering what allows you to use these abilities as I assume they do not want shield spamming like in Sonic 06 (keep doing and never get hit, sort of retarded).

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Sky Sanctuary's layout is a complete mindfuck, in the good way of course.

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I have yet to hear the best Sonic song ever remixed, SEGA.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LseIASl1Pbk&feature=related[/youtube]

Don't let me down.

19. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    From what little German I understand, I believe that Picture of the mission with classic Tails carrying classic Sonic is a time trial, where you need to use tails to cross large gaps of the Mega Mack or something to that effect, before you run out of time.

20. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    >LOst
    >Grossly overestimating the hardware needed for a game
    >Sonic2HDRequirements.png

Seriously though, the PS3 and 360 are nearing the end of their life cycles. They are nowhere near as powerful as a modern entry level gaming PC. We're not talking about trying to emulate the console, this is a port.

If getting 60fps with all settings turned up all the way is that important to you, fine, but it's not going to look the same as the console versions and that doesn't mean whatsoever you couldn't get the visuals on par with the console versions at 60 fps on a 3 or 4 year old rig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.